Late night snacking?

Options
What are your opinions on it? I've lost about 25 pounds so far and want to lose about another 30. I work a pretty active part time job, and sometimes don't get home until 11. I'm STARVING by then, but I know people say eating near bedtime is bad. I've tried upping my calories through the day, or eating a bit more at work, but I'm still so hungry when I get home (also, I keep a deficit, but eating near bedtime still worries me). Do you think eating before bed really has as detrimental of an effect as people claim it does?

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    eating close to bed time has no effect on weight loss, assuming you maintain a caloric deficit
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I eat every night before I go to bed. If I don't, I will wake up in the night starving and when this happens - I tend to make bad food choices.

For a lot of people, it isn't about WHEN you eat, but WHAT you're eating. :)
  • Decayed
    Decayed Posts: 16
    Options
    flying spaghetti monster helps me get through those munchies
  • Janelle31
    Janelle31 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I find that if I'm really hungry, it's better for me to eat a healthier snack than to wake up in the night starving. One of my favorites right now is a couple of President's Choice Seven Grain Flax and Honey crackers with a tablespoon or two of Greek vanilla yogurt.
  • deathstarclock
    deathstarclock Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    flying spaghetti monster helps me get through those munchies

owned.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    No effect at all based on the time of day that you eat or that it's prior to bedtime. I've constantly ate before bed and don't have any problem continuing to lose.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    absolutely...let's eat!
  • Anabelle321
    Options
    I actually just researched that a bit, and pretty much as long as you don't go over your calorie goal it has absolutely no effect
  • CHOOCHperez
    Options
    It's not bad at all as long as you choose a light food that will digest quickly but fill you up!!
  • naturallyflyy
    naturallyflyy Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    If I must eat at night..I go for protein only