New And Need Help

Ok so here it is. I'm new to this site and I need all the help I can get. I'm 22 soon to be 23, and I have well over 100lbs to lose. Looking For Friends to help, cheap easy recipes, and most of all encouragement.

Replies

• Cordoba
    Cordoba Posts: 2
    Ok so here it is. I'm new to this site and I need all the help I can get. I'm 22 soon to be 23, and I have well over 100lbs to lose. Looking For Friends to help, cheap easy recipes, and most of all encouragement.
  • HI & Welcome you will love it here !!
    There are great recipies and much more OH and wonderful people !!

I have a group we call Biggest Loser / Health Attack we keep track of our workouts weights weigh in every friday and have aweekly winner that chooses the challenge for the next week!!
    Check us out if your interested !! We want to help each other through support and inspiration !!!!
  • tmkirk01
    tmkirk01 Posts: 20
    you came to the right place. this is a wonderful site to help you keep track of your weight loss. Good luck and don't give up. you can do it!! :flowerforyou:
  • tmkirk01
    tmkirk01 Posts: 20
    how do you join your group? crystal.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    welcome! You are not alone! There of tons of 20-somethings on here (myself included) and many are looking to lose a lot of weight. Check out the recipe section for food ideas or simple post what type of recipe you're looking for, we're all happy to oblige :drinker:

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • RAENLUKE
    RAENLUKE Posts: 17
    :happy: Welcome. You have taken a big step in the right direction. It helps me to set smaller goals, I too have 100+ lbs to lose. After 5lbs I picked up a new book to read on the stationary bike, 10 lbs I am going to treat myself to a manicure. Achievment is measured in many ways. Good Luck
  • how do you join your group? crystal.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/46415-biggest-loser-health-attack-wk2-challenge-newbies-welcome

And to see the spread sheet email your email address so I can add you
    We also have a forum about the biggest loser and more
    http://mfphealthattack.aimoo.com/

Check us out we'd love to have ya !!!
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    welcome to the site! :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I just know you will love this site if you don't already, I love it here. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone here is so nice, and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • amandabauer99
    amandabauer99 Posts: 6 Member
    Hi There!!!

Welcome. I am 23 years old - just turned and I have about 100 pounds to lose too. I'm excited to get going!!! Best of luck to you, let me know how it's going for you.
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    First of all, you are not alone! In spirit, in goals, in feeling frustrated and suffocated like this is all you have to look forward to in your long life.

Cheers! People who stick to a plan see result. TamTastic is a great example of someone young who lost well over 100 pounds. I'm 24 and on my way to losing the 82lbs that have been plaguing my adult life; there are others who have 200+, 300+, and 10+ to lose... no matter what, you're not alone!

Second, find a routine. It's been key for me. The times that the scale has moved up and not down for me during this process have been those times that I'm out of routine.

Third, find a budy that you can feel super open and super honest with, someone who will tell you to get ut of bed and work out, someone who will order a salad with you instead of a pizza.

Welcome. You CAN do this. You are not alone. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: