the Gazelle

Options
My brother picked one up at a yard sale for $10....the lady was using it as a clothing rack.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Have any of you used one? Did it give a good workout? I'm just curious. I've seen the infomercials, with the hyperactive Tony Little. I hope the machine is more effective than his sales pitch!:laugh: :laugh:

Replies

• GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    My brother picked one up at a yard sale for $10....the lady was using it as a clothing rack.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Have any of you used one? Did it give a good workout? I'm just curious. I've seen the infomercials, with the hyperactive Tony Little. I hope the machine is more effective than his sales pitch!:laugh: :laugh:
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    I thought Sassie had one she was using.
  • jbuehrer
    jbuehrer Posts: 285
    Options
    My mother in law has one... She hasn't used it enough to say it made a difference. I use it whenever we go to their house for dinner.... It's fun... I feel like I need to use it for a long time before feeling anything though.:happy: :tongue: I think people get rid of them just to get it out of the house. Not because they don't work. I'm sure it will work great!
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    We got one for free, if you're out of shape it's a good starting thing. You will outgrow it though as your body will get used to it. It's a lot of fun, too, although a bit challenging for us klutzes!
  • JackieOh
    JackieOh Posts: 4
    Options
    We have machines at our gym that are something like the gazelle...It's similar to an elliptical only you get more resistance from using your arms and you get more of an upper body workout as well. It will help you burn calories just like any other cardio machine. I need variation in my workout though between strength training and cardio so I could never stick to just one machine. Muscle burns more calories than fat! Unless you are really someone with no interest in the gym I wouldn't go buying a machine to use at home (unless it were used - cheaper!) because a gym membership costs about the same money as a brand new treadmill/elliptical etc...
  • wilted6orchid
    wilted6orchid Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    You should totally see if Sassiebritches likes hers. She's had one for like a month or so.