I need some accountability, motivation, and support please!

Options
Myfitnesspal peeps,
I have been on this website, on and off for months now, and I have gone nowhere. I think it is because I am not motivated to go workout.. I am a first year english teacher, wife, and play director. When I come home, I crash. It is hard for me to get up and get on our treadmill. I need some support. I used to have family members as my friends on here, but that hindered me. They don't know what I am going through, and I would be jealous/frustrated when they would make their goals. I know that sounds selfish, but i can't help how I feel. I want to ask you, myfitness pal members, to become my friend on here and help me in my weight loss journey, and I will be a support to you as well. Thanks! And happy losing! :smile:

Corbin6609

Replies

• Ladymomo9
    Ladymomo9 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Me too!! Let's blow this sucka outta the water!!! LOL Seriously, let's do this. Power in numbers!

Have a great Saturday!
  • Raneka10
    Options
    I completely understand and have just gotten myself motivated recently! Honestly, what helped was me making myself do it strong for at least 10 days and when i saw the weight drop (6 pounds), it motivated me to keep going. I would love to help out! What would you want from me? How could I best help you?
  • orange_rain
    Options
    I know how you feel. I just had a baby. I gained 50 lbs during that pregnancy.
    My sisters both had babies, too, and they are losing weight and I have been the same ### for 10 weeks!
    We can do this!
  • DakotaKeogh
    DakotaKeogh Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    You can do this. You just have to make yourself rise above that end of day crash and keep going. I remember how hard it was to get started. Even harder to keep going when the results slow down. But you can power through anything you want to. I made my goal and I'm working on refining now. I'd be happy to help motivate.
  • wifeyy
    wifeyy Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    i have just started a bikini challange for the next summer,, u can join us if you like....
    greetzzz
  • gods_gal
    gods_gal Posts: 305
    Options
    I suggest joining some of the challenges you might find here. Those helped me to get into the exercise routine. I walk or bike everyday now. Make good friends here and that will encourage you also. It's so great to see all the weight loss and exercise that goes through my feed. That can motivate me sometimes when I'm not feeling it. I'd love to be your friend here and help motivate you, if you'd like. :smile:
  • brookjodie
    brookjodie Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I have been in that place where you are jealous of other people's successes. The best thing for me was to just go out there and make myself do it. The more I talk about exercise with friends, family, co-workers and strangers the more people tell me that I am motivating them and that makes me feel even more motivated. No one can MAKE you go out and do what you know you need to do... You know what you need to do... Just do it. Think about how great it makes you feel afterward. It can be boring and tedious at times but what a sence of accomplishment afterwards right? I sat around and waited until I was 36 years old and over 300 pounds because I was waiting for someone to say the right words to motivate me... I waited for someone to grab me and pull me aside and say come on! This is what you are going to eat and this is when you are going to exercise.... I waited and waited and guess what? It just doesn't happen that way. YOU have to be the one to tell yourself that it's time. It's time to take charge of your decisions and actions and surround yourself with positive people that want the same healthier lifestyle that you want too.... I hope I don't sound harsh or mean, I just wish I thought this way years ago.
    Stranger with a heart, Jodie
  • MIMITIME
    MIMITIME Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Hi, If you stick with the MFP guidelines, you can lose weight without exercise. I have health issues so I can't work out but I am still losing weight. I have seen threads asking if you can lose weight withot exercising and a lot of people responded saying they have lost weight without exercising. One poster said they did no exercise and lost 50 pounds. I enter my food befoe I eat it to stay on track and I log everyday. I think the logging is the key. Good Luck
  • corbin6609
    Options
    I would love to join your bikini challenge!! What do I need to do?
  • wifeyy
    wifeyy Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/360634-next-summer-bikini-challange-starting-from-tomorrow

READ IT ON THIS LINK.. I WILL ADD U AS FRIEND THEN U CAN VIEW MY PICTURES IN BIKINI.
  • Jacole18
    Jacole18 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    good luck!! we can all reach our goals if we stick together!!! :)
  • arosmith79
    arosmith79 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I agree, very frustrating when everyone else is making their goals and I wasn't. That's how I ended up here, hoping for some results. Good luck with your journey :)