Protein Shakes- yummy

Options
What is your favorite thing to put in your protein shakes? Peanut butter is good, fruit is good, but I just discovered my favorite: AVOCADO! Sounds crazy, but soooooo yummy in a vanilla protein shake :)

Replies

• charlotte3176
    charlotte3176 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I had avocado ice cream this summer and it was wonderful. I bet it is delicious in a protein shake. I like to put strawberries and cream cheese to trick myself into thinking I am having strawberry cheesecake.
  • CowgirlnChrist
    Options
    I really like to mix in TotalSoy in my mocha drink. Though I add it in last so my shake doesn't get all foaming.
    So good! So filling!
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    That IS weird.

Cottage cheese and sweetner makes everything taste like cheesecake to me.

A few drops mint extract will change the flavor quite well.

A shake or two of cayenne in anything is kinda nice.

Frozen banana gives it the perfect milkshake consistancy.

Instant coffee granules.

Some lemon in with vanilla whey is kinda nice too.

That's most of em.
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    I love avocado in smoothies. I use them in place of yogurt. My favorite is avocado, frozen raspberries and blueberries and a touch of liquid stevia.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    My husband makes a yummy one,I will have to ask him what he puts in it
  • dobarber
    dobarber Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    strawberry banana protein shake after a hard work out. Oh my God thats awesome! I'm a huge spice freak too so I'll have to try the cheyenne too ;)
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    When I'm eating in a surplus: Oats, a banana, 2tbsp peanut butter.
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Lately it's been water, since adding most things adds calories and it seems that no matter how much I add to a drink, I cannot substitute it for solid food. Plus I hate digging out the blender for a shake and cleaning it up afterwards.

Sometimes I'll add oats if I'm looking for a few good carbs. If I want it creamier, I'll add some 40 cal almond milk or a half scoop of fat free dry milk.

In the past I'd get kinda creative. With vanilla I'd add egg whites (or a whole egg), oatmeal, almond milk and some pumpkin pie spice, especially this time of year, it's great.
  • tonid76
    tonid76 Posts: 51
    Options
    My favorite shake is called a mocha chiller. Its a cup of cold coffee, a scoop of chocolate shakeology and ice in the blender. Its like a frap without the whip. I can fill up a venti travel cup from starbucks. 150 calories & delicious!
  • jeninabilan
    jeninabilan Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    yummy!!! That sounds oh so good! Has anyone tried putting esspresso shots in there yet?
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    my fav is nut butter...soo healthy
  • Jomalone2
    Jomalone2 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Chocolate Silk Almond Milk, 1 spoonful of dry butterscotch sugar free pudding mix, and 1/2 package of 100 calorie Chips Ahoy Thin Crisps (and ice)
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Coconut extract! i'm a coconut freak and i only need to put in a small capful for BIG taste! i use it with Curves Vanilla Shake w/ 8 oz. skim milk. Yummy dessert or supplement before a workout :)
  • notthepapa
    notthepapa Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    hemp and pea protein along with maca, cacao, bananas and frozen berries, a splash of almond milk, splash of vanilla, ice and purified water