Video games

Options
Can anyone recommend a good video game for workouts? I have an Xbox and a Wii. Was wondering if the Biggest Loser workout game was worth taking a shot at?

I have a spinning bike in my house which I started using again. But was looking for something different for a home workout without buying any expensive equipment.

Thanks.

Dan

Replies

• SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Personally, I like playing Dance Dance Revolution. You can get a decent pad (that's really durable) for 30-50 bucks online.
  • MamaBear57
    MamaBear57 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I use the xbox kinect. Love the biggest looser and zumba!!!! Zumba more so than the biggest looser. So far have lost around 17 pounds.
  • DiabeticAlien
    DiabeticAlien Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    My wife got Zumba fitness for me for our anniversary, for the ps3. It is awesome.
  • vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    My problem with the Biggest Loser wii one was that here you are on the ground trying to do these things, and she doesn't talk to you so you have no idea what they're doing. My TV is higher up so I can't see so I'm constantly looking up to see where they are at which is painful and breaks my concentration. I was still doing an exercise in one position and she had changed sides but didn't say anything!

I love the Zumba for the wii - toned my legs, minimized my love handles and it was really fun. I did it for about 4 months but now I'm ready for a change.
  • spaztastic13
    Options
    I have zumba and just dance for the wii.. they are awesome!!!
  • clarehodgson14
    Options
    I have biggest loser for wii. It can be annoying swapping the control from hand to the other into the pocket and then out on the board of the board. It doesn't always pick up the movement of the controller in the pocket and the game shouts at you thinking you've given up. Howver, with that said, i always end in a sweat and i feel like i've had a good workout.
  • JoAnn73
    JoAnn73 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I HAVE THE XBOX KINECT AND THE YOUR SHAPE GAME. 30 POUNDS OF MY WEIGHTLOSS IS BECAUSE OF THIS GAME.
  • Genem30
    Genem30 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Was actually thinking about this today too, I've been using Dance Central's calorie counter option, but I want to pick up a Kinect game that's actually geared towards fitness. Jumping back and forth between Your Shape: Fitness Evolved and The Biggest Loser. Sounds like Your Shape is a more serious, strict workout while Biggest Loser is a little loser and more relaxed. Your Shape is also $10 less used, which will probably factor into it when I walk up to Gamestop on my lunch and shop for one of them.
  • lornathewizzard
    lornathewizzard Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I like the Your Shape:Fitness Evolved for kinect, and the Zumba game is good too! The Your Shape one feels work like an actual work out, with lots of different routines to do, and i like the cardio boxing.
  • lornathewizzard
    lornathewizzard Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Dance Central is awesome for a boogie as well!
  • missy5277
    missy5277 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    by far my favorite has been dance dance revolution!
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    UFC personal trainer is supposed to be one of the best according to G4. I'm going to try to get it but it's pretty expensive since it's new.
  • kelceystevens73
    kelceystevens73 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I found Fitness Evolved for X360 Kinect at Target for 19.99. Much better than Wii Fit.
  • dixedreg
    dixedreg Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Your Shape Fitness Evolved with X Box Kinect. The Kinect is pretty much the only workout I do. Sometimes I do Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred... but I really can't stand her.

My top 3 Kinect workouts YSFE, Kinect Sports and Dance Central. All money well spent. All fun!
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    EA Sports Active 2
  • kaleigh91
    Options
    Sometimes when I play a video game that I really enjoy I forget to eat anyway haha xx
  • ivikatasha
    ivikatasha Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Personally, I like playing Dance Dance Revolution. You can get a decent pad (that's really durable) for 30-50 bucks online.

get 2 dance pads, double dance pad DDR is so much more intense! A lot more movment.
  • L2M1D52
    L2M1D52 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    EA Sports Active 2

Agree, they have the option to go with two different trainers and also a 3 week or 9 week program. It has an hrm with it and when they show you the exercises you watch first and then do them. Pretty fun since you are also doing things like basketball, mountaing biking. I enjoyed it.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options

get 2 dance pads, double dance pad DDR is so much more intense! A lot more movment.

I do singles and doubles expert, and for some reason the singles gets my heartbeat higher than anything else i do! No point in doing it at home...no one can see you there! A 45 minutes session if i push myself burns a good 6-700 calories, and gets me sweating more than a gym workout!
  • KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I have the Biggest Loser for the Wii. I love it, but only because I have a HRM to tell me what calories I'm actually burning and I'm burning a LOT more than what they say I'm burning on the screen at the end of the workout. I also have a hard time on some of the exercises on getting the game and the remote to recognize that I'm actually doing what they're telling me to do (like for instance the jumping rope).