How to Bounce Back from Slipping Up, Overeating, or Splurgin

Options
1. Drink Up
Today and tomorrow, focus on drinking half your body weight in water throughout the day. ex.. 150lbs = 75 ounces of water. This will help with the spiraling cravings for sugary food from your slip up.

2. RAW BABY!
This word can scare a lot of people. RAW food diets can be intimidating, but its good to focus on this for today and tomorrow. Your digestive system has been in overdrive from all the foods you have put into it from the slip up days. Give it a break- JUST LIKE YOUR BODY!! Eat mostly raw today and tomorrow because your body will easily absorb the nutrients, it will cleanse your system for a day or two and you'll feel lighter. Don't cook your raw food either- unless you sneak some lean meat in there. (tempeh, tofu and fish is best to have at 2 meals if you're going to have some lean protein over the next couple days.)

Raw foods for YOU!
Fruits - apples, bananas, papaya (has break digestive enzymes), grapefruit, watermelon, kiwi, berries, mangos etc...
Vegetables - KALE (a great source of fiber), broccoli, spinach, green beans, zuccini, cucumbers, cabbage, carrots, ONIONS - (cleanse the liver) peppers etc...
Avocado
Wheat grass & psyllium husk!! - psyllium husk is an AMAZING source of fiber! Mix 1 tbs with almond milk twice a day for the next 2 days to help cleanse your system.
Some nuts & seeds- keep these on the low side for the next day.
Raw black beans or garbanzo beans - loaded with fiber & nutrients
Herbs & Spices - cinnamon, parsley, basil, cilantro, cayenne, ginger, onion powder, garlic, mint etc...

BOUNCE BACK SMOOTHIE
- 1 cup kale, 1/2 banana, 1/2 cucumber, 3 strawberries, 4 fresh mint sprigs (leaves), pinch of ginger, 1 tbs psyllium husk, 1 tbs wheatgrass, 1/2 cup fresh pineapple or apple juice. (depending on the size of your fruit & veggies, add a little water if you need to help it blend.)

3. Bring your ACID LEVELS down
Having the right Alkaline Balance is important for many reasons including improved energy levels, decreased inflammation, disease prevention and many more. After a big splurge, you're probably very acidic. If you consumed any processed foods, crackers, chips, sugary treats, any meat, fish, bread, dairy, bad fats and or alcohol or wine, then you need to balance your pH! Focus on eating the foods above that are more alkaline foods. Vegetables - especially green leafy vegetables, your herbs listed above, cucumber, avocado and wheat grass.

4. Cardio & weights
You have some extra glycogen stored in your muscles from possibly overeating or splurging. The best way to burn through it before it's stored as fat is to increase your cardio and hit the weights for a full body routine. We suggest HIIT- a 20-30 minute routine is perfect to burn up the extra sugar stored in your body and to combine it with a full body toning routine. Get burning and remember #1... hydrate :)

5. Walk & Rest
Tonight, walk after dinner for a good 30 minutes. Get out and enjoy some solitude after a busy week. When you hit the hay, drink a full glass of water before you fall asleep, take a multi vitamin and try to dream for at least 7.5 hours.

Okay- ready? Now apply :)

Replies

• newmommy2cash
    Options
    This is an awesome post! Thank you! <3
  • NadiaT287
    Options
    great advice thanks!
  • kristenwig1980
    kristenwig1980 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I needed this!! Thanks!
  • skinnymeinaz
    skinnymeinaz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for this post!
  • siabevis
    siabevis Posts: 811
    Options
    Your welcome. Ive been there back when I was trying to lose weight in the beginning. It happens lol.
  • JoDeeD
    JoDeeD Posts: 391
    Options
    Thanks for the advice! I may have to do that tomorrow. We are having pizza today, but I will limit how many pieces.
  • siabevis
    Options
    Thanks for the advice! I may have to do that tomorrow. We are having pizza today, but I will limit how many pieces.

Moderation is good :)
  • mickeylette
    Options
    Excellent post, I needed to see this!
  • mazza2marilyn
    Options
    bump
  • siabevis
    Options
    Glad yall like. Slipping up happens, but its how you bounce back that defines you ;)
  • mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I needed that today! Thank You:)
  • tkrauss4263
    Options
    This is great!!!!
  • LilianaGarciia
    LilianaGarciia Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    great post!!
  • Peep_chic
    Peep_chic Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Good info. bump.
  • kaybillie
    Options
    Woo! what advice, really liked reading this. Now l know. Thank you :smile:
  • tameejean
    tameejean Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    "Like" :)
  • Dreamerlove
    Dreamerlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Love this. I needed this so my having pizza for dinner and then agian for breakfast. :(
  • siabevis
    Options
    I personally LOVE eating RAW foods most of the time :)
  • cdenkins
    cdenkins Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you, I just had a Vegas Birthday in Sept and I could have used these tips. I will use the bounce back for my Oct 19 trip because I plan to throw down.
    Can I use the bounce back for a quick weight loss for Oct or can you recommend anything else that may help?

Thanks a bunch
  • siabevis
    Options
    No such thing as a good or effect "quick" weightloss because if you lose too quickly, or dont do it correctly, the weight will come back just as fast as you lost it. So just do 3 day juice cleanse or so, if you want something added on to these tips. Water is the best thing in the world to flush out toxins along with eating fresh fruits and veggies that are organic and not touched by pesticides or chemicals.