Im at a lost.

Options
I weigh 160.4 as of this morning and I went out to Lunch and they had Small chicken breast,grilled veggies,grilled potatos and small bownie with icecream on it and sooo anyway I looked in the mirrior tonight and look the same as when I weighed 170 llbs. Im gonna gain tommorrow I just know it and I went for a 2 mile walk today.

Replies

• sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    doesn't matter if you gain tomorrow.

keep making choices that will put you closer to your goal. keep going on those walks. keep trying to choose the better food in each situation. stay active. stay alert of your food consumption.

you can reach your goal!

when I was losing weight at first, I was nearly 170lbs. As I lost 12 lbs, I felt like I looked the same. I was crushed. But I just kept pushing forwards. Now I have only lost 10 more, and I look totally different. I dropped from a size 14 pant to a size 4. in only 20 lbs. so just keep going! keep going :)
  • lazywriter
    Options
    You won't, because that's not how gaining weight works. Gaining weight is eating a surplus of 3500 calories over what you burn. This did not happen. What you see is water weight and your own paranoia. Also, weighing yourself everyday is HIGHLY discouraged.
  • SandraMay1982
    Options
    did you measure yourself at 170lbs? it might just be your perception of yourself. Apparently a lot of people who lose weight think they're still the same size, even go pick out the big clothes and then have to work their way down a few dress sizes until it sinks in that they AREN'T that fat person any more.

Maybe don't weigh yourself for a couple of weeks? and keep plodding?

- as for me. the science of it is there, but my hand to mouth syndrome isn't helping.
  • JillianP00
    Options
    Don't judge yourself by how you think you look in a mirror. You look at yourself too much so it's hard to notice changes like weight loss. We notice when things start to fit differently. I gained 30 pounds and I honestly couldn't tell the difference in a mirror. I could tell when none of my pants fit me tho! Don't be too hard on yourself for a dessert either. It's perfectly fine to cheat occassionally!! It's the only way to stay sane when dieting =p And stop weighing yourself daily! It will kill you mentally!

Jillian
  • johnhowson
    johnhowson Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Don't worry your weight will fluctuate anyway during dieting. But I can see from your diary that you are definitely heading in the right direction so I am very confident you will make it. It is fine to go over on the odd day. Your tummy may look bigger after a meal - just natural - but it doesn't mean you have put on weight. That will only happen after a week or two of going over on calories! Good luck - sure you will make it
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    its also hard to see loss in ourselves unless its very drastic (usually 30lbs). i know when i lost 20 pounds before i didnt believe it, even with the way my clothes were fitting i still felt i looked the same in the mirror.
    you wont gain weight from today, you did fine! also; i weigh myself every day to keep myself in check, but i only record my weight once a week.
  • stardozer
    stardozer Posts: 180
    Options
    Thanks Guys :) I'll keep ya'll updated tommorrow.
  • deathstarclock
    deathstarclock Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    you're definitely going psychotic, which is a common symptom when altering your diet and/or including exercise. i recommend extensive therapy sessions with a psychologist to ensure you don't go crazy and starve yourself or worse, develop an eating disorder like anorexia. that or you can live a life a crime, always on the run. im sure thieves get great cardio.
  • stardozer
    stardozer Posts: 180
    Options
    Im at 161 lllbs. My lowest was 159.8 llbs.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!