The Subway Diet

Options
2»

Replies

• maverick48
    maverick48 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, sodium doesn't matter, unless you have high blood pressure. Wheat is far from bad for you, unless you have celiac disease. Therefore, I say go for it. All that really matters to your diet is eating fewer calories than your body burns. If the Subway diet helps you do that without feeling hungry too much, then it's a great diet for you.
  • vs_shine
    vs_shine Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    Yes it works I have lost 25 lbs on it Half for dinner half for lunch. Hostess 100 cal cupcakes for a snack and plenty of water and veggie snacks too.

cupcakes sound yummy :-)
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Has anyone ever tried it? Does it work? I'm on a subway kick right now.

Subway is not my cup of tea so I wouldn't try it. I think you can eat there on occasion and be healthy but overall it's not the best way to eat no matter how much they try to fool us otherwise.
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I eat Subway at least 1x a week. It's better alternative for me than McDonald's, Burger King, Chick fil A and if you chose the right sammy you can keep a hold of your calories.
  • mbakken90
    mbakken90 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Well I'm a college kid so I have a hard time cooking meals all the time since i'm constantly on the go. I guess I thought that it was a good fast food option. It seems to have been working for me...
  • Raf702
    Raf702 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Depends on which sandwich you get there! Lol. If I eat subway it's always a 6" turkey breast and ham sandwich on italian white. According to their nutrition fact sheet it's 280/290 calories. Then I add lettuce, onions, tomato, pickles, jalapenos and banana peppers. With a dash of salt & pepper. No cheese and no dressings. That equates to still being under 300 cals or just a tad above 300 calories.
  • mbakken90
    Options
    Depends on which sandwich you get there! Lol. If I eat subway it's always a 6" turkey breast and ham sandwich on italian white. According to their nutrition fact sheet it's 280/290 calories. Then I add lettuce, onions, tomato, pickles, jalapenos and banana peppers. With a dash of salt & pepper. No cheese and no dressings. That equates to still being under 300 cals or just a tad above 300 calories.

Hey! I usually get the 6" turkey on wheat bread with veggies. NO Cheese NO mayo etc. and I eat it with some baked chips and water. It usually comes out to less than 300 cals which is awesome!
  • briansabeans
    Options
    I usually get turkey and ham or the ham, footlong, on wheat, WITH low fat mayo and cheese. It's around 900 calories and is low fat; the only problem is the sodium. This is easy to work into your healthy diet; I usually eat a small-medium breakfast and dinner around it. I eat mine with water and no chips. I don't understand people who would go to Subway and shoot for a 300 calorie meal; that's just not enough calories for a meal, at least not for me at 6 feet tall. Subway is pretty cheap considering the variety of vegetables you can add -- spinach is a rare sandwich item but Subway always has it. :)
  • mbakken90
    Options
    I usually get turkey and ham or the ham, footlong, on wheat, WITH low fat mayo and cheese. It's around 900 calories and is low fat; the only problem is the sodium. This is easy to work into your healthy diet; I usually eat a small-medium breakfast and dinner around it. I eat mine with water and no chips. I don't understand people who would go to Subway and shoot for a 300 calorie meal; that's just not enough calories for a meal, at least not for me at 6 feet tall. Subway is pretty cheap considering the variety of vegetables you can add -- spinach is a rare sandwich item but Subway always has it. :)

300 cals would be enough if you eat a couple small meals a day. How many cals are you allowed? 900 is over half the amount i'm allowed in a day so that would be hard. I actually don't like subway cheese so i'm in luck!
  • newton2
    newton2 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I stop at subway atleast once. It is a nice treat for me and my children and it is better than MCDONALDS! I am losing. just stay away from the cookies!l Good Luck! Each day is new and I try to make the best choices!
  • saraann752003
    Options
    they have a lot of good options if you pay attention... remember that this was based off of a guy who ate a lot of 6inch veggie subs.... do the research and if it's better than what you were eating, then go for it and make the right choices... being in college is hard enough as it is to try to have to eat healthy in a dining facility or cook your own healthy food.... pay attention to the nutrition facts and make sound decisions....

This is coming from the Subway QUEEN :)
  • efwolfcub
    efwolfcub Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Say yes to what you can eat that will keep you in control of your eating - if that means you treat yourself to subway / pizza / mcdonalds / even a funnel cake once in a while, that's ok - are you maintaining your control and staying under your calories for the day?

Personally I'm not a huge fan of subway (Jimmy Johns has better bread), but for a regular thing, its definitely better than a lot of alternatives out there. Watch the sodium, and watch the toppings (lettuce & onions? great! mayo, black olives, etc - not so much :)
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    dont go on a diet, just eat less fatty, salty, sugary foods and exercise more.
  • marzahl68
    marzahl68 Posts: 201
    Options
    I consider Subway a good choice for me when I go to lunch with "non-diet" friends: I have the veggie delight with no sauce or anything added, apple slices instead of chips and unsweet tea. Beats any other fast food any time!
  • 1horseygirl1
    1horseygirl1 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    is a good option for takeaways. Much better than pizza or a burger.
    I like the salads they have cos am trying to avoid bread for a while.
  • sugarbone
    sugarbone Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Subway has a lot of fatty meats, fatty sauces, tons of sodium, and no wholegrain breads. You're better off making a sandwich at home.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Subway has a lot of fatty meats, fatty sauces, and no wholegrain breads.

That's why it tastes so good! :D