Wahoo Fisica - iPhone/iPod Heart Rate Monitor

pineapplopolis
pineapplopolis Posts: 3
edited 2:25AM in Fitness and Exercise
I keep seeing threads asking about HRMs and I've never seen anyone mention this. I bought the Fisica dongle for my iPhone a few months ago and I've been pretty happy with it. It works with ANT+ compatible devices (HRM along with other devices like pedometers, bike sensors, scales). It works with most HRM straps except Polar (which uses it's own wireless technology). If you already have an iPhone or iPod Touch its not overly expensive.

https://www.wahoofitness.com/

I bought a cheap Garmin chest strap for around $35, bought the dongle for around $70 (It was on sale) and used my existing iPhone. Later on I also purchased a stride sensor (pedometer).

There are a few dozen apps that can take advantage of this data, but I've decided to use LogYourRun. It uses either the GPS (outdoors) or my stride sensor (indoors) to track running speed/distance and heart rate and graph it for you live. It also tells you your zone and gives a break down of how long you've been in each zone and calories burned, etc. You can also upload this data directly to the LogYourRun website for later analysis. You can also have the device give you audible cues on your progress and heart rate.

I've run into a few small bugs with the LogYourRun app but nothing too serious (I have to re-enter my stride distance each time I use it, etc).

Anyone else use this? Any other apps you can recommend? I liked this over getting a watch since I can always "upgrade" my capabilities by using different apps along with the ability to use other sensors other than just a HRM.

Replies

• polar5554
    polar5554 Posts: 576 Member
    Dongle.... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Run Keeper is a really good app. I am shopping for/researching a heart rate monitor with a chest strap and noticed that the wahoo fisica does work with the run keeper app.
  • FAVOLOSOMII
    FAVOLOSOMII Posts: 188 Member
    I'm glad you had success with Wahoo. I use Runkeeper on my phone and started to buy the Wahoo set, but after doing much research AND in light of my budget, I went with the Polar FT7. I'm quite pleased too!
This discussion has been closed.