Replies

• mcadams1
    Options
    <~~~Total scale *kitten*... :blushing:

ME TOO!!! I try not to be but I can't help it:sad:
  • tiedye
    tiedye Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I do weigh myself daily. I record it daily and look at the fluctuations on the graphing functions.
  • notthepapa
    notthepapa Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    yes- like many others I only record it once tho'
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I only do it once a week, I find it's a nice "treat" after my week of hard work and I like to guess how much I've lost from the way my body looks!
  • quill16
    quill16 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Yes, and also everynight and sometimes more than once, I am a numbers person and I can deal with daily fluctuations with water and hormone changes. It keeps me honest and I only record once a month which so far has been about 10 lbs a month. 110lbs lost in 9 months and still counting
  • momof6monkees
    Options
    I used to weigh myself everyday.... got so frustrated, so I got rid of my scale and now I weigh myself 2x a week: Sunday and Wednesday.
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    I only weigh daily if I feel like I lost. If I feel bloated or fatter then I pretend I have no clue what that grey device on the floor by the bathroom sink is.
  • yoshi91610
    yoshi91610 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I used to. But now I am seeing that it's better for me not to. I would see the number drop one day and the next go up a little, It would make me obsessive and I would just start skipping meals, so now I am only going to do it once a week.
  • horizonflight
    Options
    I do weigh myself every morning but I only record it when I lose ;-)))))

I concur with you. I weigh myself pretty much every day. I noticed that of course, like most others here, my weight fluctuates. But I record my weight when it goes down past the last recorded weight. I do this only because I'm curious to see if I will actually lose an average of 2 lbs a week. I suppose it's all about personal curiosity. Since I KNOW my weight fluctuates I don't freak out that one day the scale gives me one number and the next it will give me a higher number. I've noticed that ever other day the scale goes down a few ounces or more.
  • dotmertsky
    Options
    NO!!!! it gets you feeling defeated if you don't see any loss. I weight myself once a week - every Saturday morning. That's it. And I always get a surprise by losing more than I thought I would.

Give yourself a break, ease up and don't be so tough on yourself
  • kate8085
    Options
    Yep, sure do. Record it everyday and do an average every week.
  • snailrunner
    snailrunner Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I keep the scale in the cupboard near the bathroom, so although it's not staring at me every morning I see it when I open the cupboard to get towels out. I weigh about 5x a week but have only recorded once in three weeks because my weight went up and down so much. At the moment I'm 100g heavier than the last time I recorded. I might record it tomorrow if it goes down again.
  • rockstarginaa
    rockstarginaa Posts: 1,529 Member
    Options
    I weigh 3-4 days a weeks and sometimes multiple times a day. Trying to break the scale addiction.
  • charlibets
    charlibets Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I hope am not the only one who does this, i am just too curious every morning to go on the scales

I do. I want to know.
  • eveunderground
    eveunderground Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning.
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Yes. I am in maintenance so this enables me to keep a check and ensure I am not gaining/ losing.
  • nakedskeleton
    Options
    i try to avoid the scale as much as possible, because i get down on myself about the lack of results. i only weigh myself once a week unless i'm particularly antsy about my weight (: