Calling All My Yogis!

Options
Who likes yoga besides me?? :)

DSC_0041.jpg

Replies

• oswaldbowser
    oswaldbowser Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I have never tried yoga, but I wouldnt mind when I have lost some weight !
  • tameejean
    tameejean Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Just got back from a VInyasa class a little bit ago :) I must have yoga in my life!
  • beautifulnovember
    Options
    Just started attending Vinyasa classes last week.
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I love yoga, I have been doing it for years!
  • watchmeshrink16
    watchmeshrink16 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I tried it once with my friend, thought it was great. I always think I am too big, so I never go to a class since the first time.
  • Raf702
    Raf702 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Teach me! I'm a quick learner, lol. I'm always up for a new challenge.
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Love it!
  • siabevis
    siabevis Posts: 811
    Options
    it got rid of my chronic back pain and stress/anxiety disorder~
  • doodledaze
    doodledaze Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    That's a pretty tree! I love it (even though my tree is no so pretty)!
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I do hot power vinyasa and I love it. I wish it would get rid of my anxiety disorder and back problems. It does help me manage them, though.
  • siabevis
    siabevis Posts: 811
    Options
    That's a pretty tree! I love it (even though my tree is no so pretty)!

thanks~!! i live in fl by the beach
  • cantjustcant
    cantjustcant Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I tried it once with my friend, thought it was great. I always think I am too big, so I never go to a class since the first time.

tons of yoga if you have free on demand
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options

No is too big / too out of shape / not flexible enough, etc for yoga. When I invite people they often think they need to be this, that, or the other, but the truth is everyone can benefit from yoga and it's wonderful. It's all about doing what's best for your body, at this particular moment (which may change day to day). I go to Yoga to the People. They encourage listening to your body and no judgments. It's a great environment.

Yoga at home is also a great option if you have the space.
  • dreamgurl2324
    dreamgurl2324 Posts: 191 Member
    Options

No is too big / too out of shape / not flexible enough, etc for yoga. When I invite people they often think they need to be this, that, or the other, but the truth is everyone can benefit from yoga and it's wonderful. It's all about doing what's best for your body, at this particular moment (which may change day to day). I go to Yoga to the People. They encourage listening to your body and no judgments. It's a great environment.

I agree!!
  • MuseumOfAsh
    Options

I agree!!

I do yoga at home. I find it hard because of my size. There's just too much fat on my stomach and thighs for me to be able to get fully into the positions. Because of my weight I just can't get down low enough, like for child's pose, because of the fat in the way. I love it anyway, though, and keep trying. I know once I lose the weight I'll be able to do it better.
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,786 Member
    Options
    I'm a student and a teacher of yoga. There's no such thing as too big, etc. Here's my fellow teacher Abby, she's awesome:

http://www.heartfeltyoga.com/heavyweight_yoga.htm
  • JamesBurkes
    JamesBurkes Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I'd always wanted to try Yoga, so years ago I bought a Yoga video and found it really boring.

Then a few months ago, I got P90X and while I found the Yoga DVD on that to be too long, I enjoyed how it made me feel and I liked the improvements I could feel in my postures every time I did it. So I searched out other DVDs and now do a selection from the likes of Bryan Kest, Rodney Yee and some of Tony Horton's other Yoga DVDs. I love Yoga now and try and do it at least once a week. My practice is limited, however, as I've only ever done "Power" Yoga. I'd be interested in trying the slower-paced stuff now I'm more in that mindset.
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    :heart: yoga.
  • falsecho
    falsecho Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I love yoga. Been doing it for a little bit over 2 years, if I go too long between classes I really feel it, and then feel it again when I go back.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Love hot yoga!!