How did you FINALLY lose weight after months of failure?

Options
I wanna hear from people who worked out for months or even weeks and did not drop weight. I wanna hear from people who were frustrated that the pounds never came off. I wanna hear WHAT FINALLY WORKED FOR YOU?!!! How did you finally lose that 20 pounds? or more? What had you been doing wrong?

Replies

• ahappyapple
    ahappyapple Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Bump! I would like to know the same thing...I am so unmotivated right now!! Ugh!
  • heathera1980
    Options
    I'd like to know too!
  • lynnie30
    lynnie30 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Me too please.
  • FightingFATtoFightingFIT
    Options
    Me too, would love to hear what keeps folks motivated
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I started eating more - who would have thought that I'd need to consume so many calories in order to lose weight?

I spent too many months listening to what everyone else said (cut your calories lower and lower - you'll lose). Once I stopped listening to others and started doing my own research and learning about MY body? The weight came off. Everyone's body is different. What works for one - may or may not work for another. If you are busting your butt, eating well and not losing? Don't be afraid to step out of the box and try something new. You may be amazed at what you find when you do! :)
  • Katie5961
    Katie5961 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    INSANITY! Tracking my calories and doing the Beachbody Insanity program has jump started my weight loss like you wouldn't believe. I'm on my second round and I've lost 27 pounds. It's not easy, it's not a quick fix, but it is so worth all the hard work!
  • jslmani
    jslmani Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • roblow65
    roblow65 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    For me, I started Zumba and MFP, didn't lose anything for maybe the first 4-6 weeks I think, it was a long while. I did notice my clothes fitting better,so I stuck with it, now I've been on MFP for 50 days now and I'm down 11 lbs. I'm losing 2-3 lbs a week. Just stick with it, I almost gave up.
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    I quit eating processed foods (or at least significantly reduced the intake). I watched my sodium intake. I watched my portion sizes. I upped my water consumption (I used to drink little to no water - ever). I got off my @$$ - and really started seeing some major progress when I started weight training.

The main thing for me has just been being consistent. Sure, every now and then you're going to slip up and eat something you shouldn't or miss a workout here or there, but don't get all depressed about it, pick up where you left off, and move on. I had to find out where I wanted to be and more importantly WHY I wanted to change. I also had to take the words "diet" and "can't" out of my vocabulary. I had to make it a lifestyle change and convince myself that I can do anything I set my mind to. I'm only about half way there, but I've got a pretty good start, I think.
  • roblow65
    roblow65 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I started eating more - who would have thought that I'd need to consume so many calories in order to lose weight?

I spent too many months listening to what everyone else said (cut your calories lower and lower - you'll lose). Once I stopped listening to others and started doing my own research and learning about MY body? The weight came off. Everyone's body is different. What works for one - may or may not work for another. If you are busting your butt, eating well and not losing? Don't be afraid to step out of the box and try something new. You may be amazed at what you find when you do! :)

Yes, this as well helped me.
  • Cathy92
    Cathy92 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I'm finally being successful after many tries, but this time is different. I feel totally confident like never before as I've discovered something new. I now know the number of calories my body needs to survive!! As long as I don't overeat that number, I won't gain weight, and conversely if I eat less than that number , I will lose weight. I am just aware now where I wasn't before. I had no idea how many calories my body actually needed and was eating way too many for my size.
  • Jessies_journey
    Jessies_journey Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Don't quit.......Spend 6 weeks at the EXACT same weight - but I just kept tracking and exercising - and it started coming off again......never give up!
  • kjpersich
    kjpersich Posts: 55 Member
    Options

Same for me as well. I had always followed a low carb diet and I couldn't figure out why it had all of a sudden stopped working for me. I was very strict and exercised all the time. The next thing I know I had gained 15 pounds and couldn't figure out why. I decided to join MFP and track my calories. I was barely eating 800 calories and was walking 5 miles a day. Now that I have upped it to 1200-1500 calories a day, and exercising less, the weight is coming off effortlessly.
  • ycc1964
    ycc1964 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • deja_blu
    deja_blu Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Make sure you keep track of your body measurements. I have gone weeks without losing weight but will lose a bunch of inches off various parts of the body. So don't let the non-shifting of the scale upset you! As long as you are doing the right things, it will move.

5499814.png
  • bariachic
    bariachic Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I sought a professional opinion and my doctor gave me an eating plan -- I cut corn, sugar, bread, potatoes, and anything made from them -- completely out of my diet. I reset my MFP ticker to start anew, and purged everything from my house I couldn't have! I have a delicious breakfast of 2 eggs and 2 slices of turkey bacon, and lunch and dinner are both 4oz of lean meat with a salad or a green veggie (my favorite is sauteed zucchini!) then I have a sugar free jello to curb late night cravings. <3

This is just what worked for me, I've lost 13 pounds since then, and I have a ton more energy!
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I haven't had 'months" of no movement but weeks and yes.....eating more bumped me out of the groove. Definitely utilize measurements as well cause they change when the scale does not.
    As others said, watch the processed foods cause the fats and salts will kill your weight loss.

Change up!
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options

question: when you say eat more, what do you mean,...would you eat a daily treat or would your calories be only of the healthy sort....thanks in advance
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options

question: when you say eat more, what do you mean,...would you eat a daily treat or would your calories be only of the healthy sort....thanks in advance

The healthy sort...eating crap just to get your calories is going to get you a lot of extra sugar and sodium and fat that you definitely don't need!
  • AmyS79
    AmyS79 Posts: 65
    Options
    For 3 years now I have lived with the extra 40lbs from having my daugther and before I got pg I need to lose 40lbs. SO 80lbs all together. In these last three years I felt ready, for about 2 weeks would stay on plan then I would let my mind control my mouth instead of me.I felt like I controlled everything in my life and this was one thing that controll over me. I joined a bible study with dear friends who got together and done stuff and familys do stuff and in every pic we took the only thing that was wrong was ME i wanted to photoshop myself in everyone of them. The problem for me was I never felt fat! I only realized it when I seen pic of myself and thought wow do I really look that way. I realized I was never gonna be happy in my life until I changed myself! Sure I would lose 4 or 5 lbs but never got past that then I was back to old eating habbits.Aug I told myself I was gonna change my life for the better. I have lost 21lbs so far and boy thats way past the 5lbs I woule normaly do. when I get settled in myself I go back and look at the pics I take progress pics and it helps me to see how far i have come and where I cant wait to be. When you realize your weight is the only thing holden you back from life, family and friends pics then its somthing you can change you have to want one more then the other..