wii fit???

Options
does anybody know hwo many calories are burnt using the wii fit??? I tried entering it in here and its not listed :(:grumble:

Replies

• Hope1121
    Hope1121 Posts: 7
    Options
    does anybody know hwo many calories are burnt using the wii fit??? I tried entering it in here and its not listed :(:grumble:
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    It sort of depends on what you're doing on there. You won't burn a lot doing the strength, yoga, and balance games. But they are still good for you. Depending on your level in the aerobics, sometimes you spend more time in the menus than actually exercising. Once you open up the longer times and distances, it does get better.

That being said, one day, it took me two and a half hours (real time) to burn 600 calories (I was doing a variety of things), another day, I only did the aerobic stuff (the longest times I could on each of them), and it took me 45 minutes (real time) to get 30 minutes of exercise, and I burned about 250. That's why you won't find it in the database, there's just too much variation. What you can do, if you need to, is just log it as light aerobics.
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    I am saving up for one, and a long scoped camera!!

Do you like the Wii?
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    I like the wii. I like playing wii fit, but it's not the same as going to the gym. It's a fun way to burn some calories when I'm feeling lazy, but if I want a really good burn, I need to go to the gym.
  • Hope1121
    Hope1121 Posts: 7
    Options
    ya i did the 10 minute hula hoop and i was sweating so much haha!!! i also like the boxing
  • shariweber
    Options
    I wore my heart rate monitor while hula hooping- I am so bad at it I never got into range :embarassed:
    I wore it doing the step aerobics and I stayed in the low of low range. I am pretty sure when I open it up to something a bit faster, it will start to be a work out.
    I use it for the yoga poses. I love just learning one or two poses a week and then being able to do them when I wake up or whatever.
    I also love the strength training because I hate doing it and it really mentally challenges me for "one More"
    I try to work out 2 times a day every day and it is a great way to take an "off but not off" day for me right now but I have only owned it for a couple of weeks.
  • osmium
    osmium Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I wear a HR monitor and here are a couple of my Wii Fit sessions

45mins 199 cals avg HR 101bpm Max HR 134. Step plus weights.
    50mins 279 cals avg HR 112bpm

So, it's not very energetic for me. I find it hard to raise my HR. Although the Hula and the boxing are ok. I don't generally bother with the running as I run outside.
  • SelkieGhost
    SelkieGhost Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    With the free step exercise on the Wii Fit - try stacking it on top of an aerobics step thingy-ma-bobber... It becomes more like stair climbing, and you can burn a lot more calories in less time (I've done this - and also use an HRM to calculate calories burned).
  • shariweber
    Options
    good idea!