What is currently motivating you??

Options

Replies

• determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I have a few different motivations:
    I lived in Japan for almost a year, and was sick and tired of being the fat girl. Girls there are very small and delicate, and I felt like a whale the whole time... I'm going back after graduation and I want to go back a hundred pounds lighter!

I am still crazy about a boy I dated back when I was 17. I got back in contact with him recently and he's joined the US Navy and is in "the best shape of his life". He's coming to visit me sometime in the next six months in the UK.... He hasn't seen me for nearly ten years and I don't want to meet him fat!!

I turned 25 this year and I heard weightloss becomes harder the closer you get to thirty, so it was very important for me to go all out and reach my goal of 150lb!
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    Mines all vanity and my birthday is 29th of this month, so that :)
  • tiedye
    tiedye Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I want to be at my goal by Thanksgiving, so I can splurge a little over the holidays but still be focused, counting calories, and exercising.

Counting calories=I eat less and exercise more.

I want to enjoy the holidays and feel good about myself without being obsessively stingy about calories and without binge eating.
  • horizonflight
    Options
    Lots and lots of motivations out there I see, and many of them I share with you guys. But my primary motivation is ME. I am the only one who can actually make the change. Influencing factors to making this change are my job where I HAVE to meet certain weight requirements, getting back into shape after a serious surgery, and toning my body after weight loss which is something I've never had and always wanted - a nice tone to my arms, legs, and butt. Don't need defined abs, I like a flat belly.
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Our last child graduates from high school in June and our first child will be here with her family to celebrate. It's the beginning of our lives "after high school" and I want this time to be a celebration of family.

So I started learning about portion sizes first and tried eating portions for about a week, researched foods I like, and kicked this lifestyle change off on 8/5/2011. I found MFP through a friend about 3 weeks later and I was hooked.

Now that I'm almost to 1derland, I can add exercise to my day. New goal--500,000 steps to June 2012. It's poetic really, since I started this journey at 250, 500,000 steps is a realistic goal. That's only a mile per day, and I'm so ready!!

PS--I'm getting a bicycle at Christmas to add to the exercise routine. My further goal is to ride to Downtown by the end of summer 2012.
  • Cosmic_Unicorn
    Cosmic_Unicorn Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    ...My motivation is looking hot. Not health or anything. >.>

In my defense I never had any plaguing health problems from being overweight. I'm healthier now in general and stoked about it, but I'm more stoked about how great I look and how much more confident I am.
  • gsenriquez
    gsenriquez Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Seeing that I am fitting in to my pre-pregnancy clothes...it's been a long wait, my daughter is almost 5 years end of this year. The feeling of being healthy.
  • TakeOne
    TakeOne Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Always good to have pals who motivate you. I have some really awesome MFPals who keep me motivated to maintain and step up my workouts. All you runners have truely motivated me to get out there and just do it :) Thanks to you all I now consider myself a runner as well!

Also, at the moment there is a fellow I am interested in (who is also interested in me :)) and I'm planning to go see him in a few weeks. He thinks I'm hott...so of course I'm motivated to continue eating healthy and exercising regularly so I can continue being "hott"...lol :blushing: He is a runner and does a ton of races every year. At some point I'd like to do a race with him, so that is also motivating me.

Last but def. not least, I'm doing this for me. I've come to enjoy doing all of these things I used to think I could never do. :smile:
  • FitasBarbie
    FitasBarbie Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Short Term Motivation: My son's first bday this December! We're going overseas for the celebration.

Long Term Motivation: My son being proud of his hot momma when he grows up!
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    This may sound a bit self centered...but there's a mirror between my bed, and my bathroom door. My current motivtion is being able to wake up...stretch (the feeling of stretching when you're in shape is SO different than when you're not...imagine...panther, fat house cat...that is all), get up...and see my profile improving every day as I go by that damn mirror.

The flatter my sides and belly get...the harder I push.

It's a vicious circle...only in reverse =D.
  • secostley
    secostley Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    At this very moment I would have to say the love is my biggest motivator. Not just love for myself, but those in my sphere of influence. Love compels me to work out so I can stay healthy and live longer for my family. Passion pushes me for one rep, for one more mile, to achieve more than I did the week before. Love and Charity wake me up each morning and whisper in my ear, "You ran 3 miles yesterday. What are you going to do today?" So I get up and I hit the gym.

Yep, charity (love, passion) definitely motivate me.
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    At first it was just losing my gut, muffintop, and just being thinner overall. Now, it's still those things (albeit less than I had when I started! :laugh: ) but I now want to run a 5K, Hell Run, and Warrior Dash next year. I'm working for hot, sexy, AND strong! :heart:

Oh...and I quit smoking 5 days ago too. :smokin: I guess you could call 'not smoking' a current motivator. :bigsmile:
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    :noway: Because when the aliens come they will eat the fat ones first
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    my husband is divorcing me...fell in love with his high school sweetheart all over again. Although they can't be together due to his Army assignment (he is on the west coast and she is on the east coast) I just want to make him regret the chioce he made. I hope the next relationship is with someone that knows a womans worth.

Yikes =( I hope you get through it okay.
  • Sidesteal
    Options
    :noway: Because when the aliens come they will eat the fat ones first

Hahaha!
  • krissykross
    Options
    My husband. He cheers me on. And my high-energy dogs. I need to be able to get off my butt and get them some exercise.
  • Sidesteal
    Options
    I was intially motivated 1 year ago when a friend of mine who hadn't seen me in 10 years, met up with me (he moved to Japan) and the first thing he said was "what the hell happened to you?" as he pointed to my gut. I was in the gym the next morning, and so began my journey and addiction :)
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    For me other people saying I inspired them motivates me to stay in shape and keep it up. I love that I fit into clothes like I do now and that I am in the best shape of my life also :) It's just such a good feeling!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Diabetes type II. I discovered I had it back in Dec. 2009. Jan 2011 I lost enough weight and I reversed it completely. I no longer have it. My doctor told me I can't slack off though. I can easily fall back into old habits and get it again. Besides keeping the diabetes away I also recently been doing 5K's. I did one back in Sept. and my time was 46:56. I did another one just this Saturday and I improved on my time! 46:37. This one even had hills! Hill are evil! :mad: I was happy that even with the hills on the course I improved on my time. I am planning on doing 1 5K a month, my motivation is to keep improving on my times.
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    remembering how i used to look and feel. i want to be back there again. and seeing old pictures of myself. really want to look like that again and i'm more than halfway there now!