how often should you weigh in?

Options
just wondered how often you'd all recommend doing a weigh in?

Replies

• Bridge_CG
    Bridge_CG Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Once a week is what I do. Or once every two weeks.
  • k121777
    k121777 Posts: 306
    Options
    I think it's a different mental thing for everyone. Me....I weigh in every Weigh Day Wednesday whether I like it or not!!!! So once a week. Lisa
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    It seems like the consensus is either once a week or twice a week, same day(s) every week, first thing in the morning after releiving yourself but before consuming anything. It will be the most accurate picture over time of how you are doing.
  • shanmont
    shanmont Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a week and do measurements once a month
  • gleechick609
    Options
    Gosh, i weigh in every day LOL
  • amberrrogers
    Options
    Well i weigh myself for ****s and giggles every few days, but only look at the numbers really look I mean once a week. First thing in the morning. With as little on as I can.
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    I have new scales, and when I found the old ones broke, I went from a weight loss of 50 to a weight loss of 26. So, until I feel I can trust the new scales, I weigh in every day at 5:30 am...

I'm such a geek!
  • idiocracy
    idiocracy Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    never :) The scale likes to mess with your head...at least mine does! So I prefer not to use it as often, I use it maybe once or twice a month. In the meantime I keep with the food and exercise plan. At the end of that month, I see great results. Good luck! DO not let the number on the scale get to you, go by NSVs :)
  • gsenriquez
    gsenriquez Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a week. :-)
  • Lucylaser
    Lucylaser Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I do it daily. I feel like I get better idea of how I am trending. Some days are off a bit and I don't put too much weight in it (heh heh). But I also think it keeps me accountable. If I don't do it every day I pretend it doesn't exist and leads to me messing up the plan and losing focus of the goal.
  • MsQt
    MsQt Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh-in every week but now I do it every morning :embarassed:
  • fbuschur
    Options
    I'm a daily weigher. I like to know the general trend.
  • theba2il
    theba2il Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I have a great app on my phone for weight tracking. There is a graph. I use it in conjuction with my food diary. The days that spike I look at what I ate the day before.
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    When I first started I was doing P90X and weighed in when I took pictures only which was every 30 days. I then started doing it twice a month and now I do it daily... :)