This is when I usually quit.

Options
I have been here for a week now. I have been tracking my food and exercising. I have a lot of weight to lose.....and I am not a yo-yo dieter....I have just slowly gained weight over the last 20 year....1 pound at a time. I fluctuated a little with pregnancy etc. Anyway, I have used other sites but get lost in all the info, badges, spinning wheels, phases, stages etc......last week I found MFP. I got the app on my phone. Anytime before that I have tried to do this before I lose 5lbs or so, I have a "bad day"....and then just quit. I listen to the lies in my head, telling me I can never be thinner, healthier or more athletic....and I just throw in the towel and walk away. Well yesterday was that "bad day"....two soccer games for DD2, costume fitting for DD1, trip to costco with all 4 kids and DH and a "girls night" that turned into way too much food and wine. And I am not quitting....I will not quit. And that is a SUCCESS for me.

Replies

• twinsanity
    twinsanity Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    Good job for sticking with it! That's a great success! Keep up the good work.
  • Runninginafatsuit
    Runninginafatsuit Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Good job! If you never give up, you can never fail :)
  • avaloneternal
    Options
    Awesome. Just acknowledging that to yourself is a sure sign that you are on the road to success.
  • dobarber
    dobarber Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    That is so true. We all have bad days and just want to throw in the towel. I was watching my calories and working out regularly and lost 15 pounds. I relaxed one week and didn't work out as much and stopped logging my calories and voila! I gained 5 pounds in a week. I was so excited the week before that I was finally under 325(actual weight was 323) and got so depressed that i was at 328 again. I sat down and cried and ate half a box of caramel girl scout cookies. On the last cookie, I saw what I was doing to myself and threw the box down and went to bed. The next day I picked myself up and started counting calories and working out just as hard as I did before. I think we all need this kind of thing to give ourselves a kick in the butt every once in a while.
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    HUGE success! One of the hardest thing is getting back on the wagon ... I know from my own experience. Congrats to you and keep up the hard work. You deserve it, you are worth it, and you CAN do it!
  • karo224
    karo224 Posts: 292
    Options
    i will have to say that is the fantastic attitude that will lead you to your sucesss! it is a journey and not a sprint. it took along time to get this way and t will take the same to lose it. i wish you the best of luck.....baby steps will lead you to your victory!
  • moodymarble
    moodymarble Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I think this is definitely a NSV! Keeping your resolve in place and pushing through past roadblocks. Keep up the great work! You can do this with the help of your friends. Wishing you continued luck on your journey!
  • shelbyweeeee
    shelbyweeeee Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    It works if you work it, so work it you're worth it!!

I always try to remember that if I have a friend who is having a bad day, and what I would say to them to give them encouragement and the positive talk they might be needing to hear to keep on going.... that I need to give that same talk to myself. It can be hard being gentle with ourselves, but it can be the most rewarding :))
  • kaetra
    kaetra Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You get a new, fresh day - every day!

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery - but TODAY is a Gift! It's a Prezent!
  • ChubbieTubbie
    ChubbieTubbie Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! Hang in there, you're doing great!
  • Jomalone2
    Jomalone2 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I logged in everyday for about a month before the scales ever moved. So hang in there. Life happens, just keep going. Keep your head up and the attitude positive. You can do this.
  • helen0241
    Options
    you can do this this .If i can you can.mfp. has been a blessing sent from God to me.Love it. hang in there you be very glad you did.
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Yup. I hear that.

I still have bad days, just had 3 in a row as a matter of fact. But we have to keep going. That is successful thinking!

Good for you!
  • collinsellyson
    Options
    When I have those "bad days" I usually try to make up for it the next day. Do more cardio, go for an extra walk, anything like that. We are all so VERY proud of you for sticking to it! And remember, don't beat yourself up over ONE bad day. Just tell yourself you'll do better next time! Keep up the good work hun!
  • melanie_J
    melanie_J Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Anytime before that I have tried to do this before I lose 5lbs or so, I have a "bad day"....and then just quit. I listen to the lies in my head, telling me I can never be thinner, healthier or more athletic....and I just throw in the towel and walk away. Well yesterday was that "bad day"....two soccer games for DD2, costume fitting for DD1, trip to costco with all 4 kids and DH and a "girls night" that turned into way too much food and wine. And I am not quitting....I will not quit. And that is a SUCCESS for me.

This is called a self-fulfilling prophecy. You have to believe that you can do this, just as you said in your last sentence. You're not quitting! Keep telling yourself that! Sometimes the worst critics are ourselves.

I tell myself everyday I CAN do this, and I WILL do this!

Of course I may be a kook also, but that's how I've dealt with it. I usually give up after the first 2 weeks, this time I've stuck it out for over 2 months. So it does work!
  • melanie_J
    melanie_J Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery - but TODAY is a Gift! It's a Prezent!

I LOVE this :)
  • 40Rennie
    Options
    You are so right our failure usually comes from self-doubt. You're not going to quit this time and anytime after this.

Falling down is acceptable but staying down is not. Today is a new day and you will reward yourself with the feeling of entitlement.

You're entitled to feeling lighter on your feet, you're entitled to feeling sexy again. Not because we have kids and gain some weight we're not entitled to feeling sexy, that's a beautiful part of being a women.

You go girl and try a little bit harder today to stay focus. Good Luck.
  • tiptoeketo
    tiptoeketo Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    You owe it to yourself to keep going! There will always be girls nights and too much food... learn to enjoy yourself knowing that you'll do better next week!
  • MandyCanDo
    MandyCanDo Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    You've got the right attitude and everyone here is going to support you!! Keep up the good work, YOU CAN DO THIS!!
  • TriciaAnn81
    Options
    I feel the same way. If I have a bad day, I feel like I have blown the whole thing and I should just give up. Well I am glad I am not alone! I have to remember that everyday is fresh and new. Just keep doing what your doing! and don't give up
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!