Hi All MFP Members

Options
I joined MFP over a year ago and it wasn't until I turned 40 that I realised that I had to change my diet and lifestyle for my wife and our 5 year old son. I have previously lost weight from a high of 125kg down to 93 in 4 months but it began creeping up over the last 7 years brought about by stress. I have finally realised that the emotional attachment to food is affecting my health and self confidence.

I finally decided to start afresh 2 months ago and record every single morsel of food that goes into my mouth, it has also become apparent that diets do not work. They are a just short term solution. I eat everything - EVERYTHING - you name it Chocolates, Beers etc except that I record the calorific value on this life changing tool and rarely exceed my daily goal. It has made me think and moderate what I eat. I also look at the success stories and the inspirational things people have done. Amazing!

Started 2 months ago today @ 117.3kg with a 42" waist

Today @ 103.9kg and my 38" Trousers /Pants are baggy.

I am too embarrassed to post pics, but maybe this will change as my self esteem improves. I still need to introduce an exercise regime - so lots more room for improvement

Thanks to MFP for this amazing tool and to all the members who provide such encouragement.

5760111.png[/url]
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Replies

• Sepheara
    Sepheara Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    congrats on your success!
  • purpletrillium
    Options
    Welcome, and by the way, I love Kermit!
    Congrats on the baggy pants. My husband has a problem with a 'beer belly', that's his biggest weakness. I told him to get the really low-calorie beer (maybe not as tasty, but it's a start). I buy the food and do the cooking, and since I'm on MFP, I'm finding meals that will help us both become healthier.
  • SJaques
    Options
    Well done on your weight loss, keep up the good work