Scale Accuracy

Options
So Sunday's are my weigh in day and I step on and off the scale a few times to make sure it's weighing me VERY close, if not the same. Today, I stepped on probably 10 times and I got a way different number ever time (which is why I kept getting on and off). There was a 9 lb difference from the highest number it gave me to the lowest. I don't know what to do.

Replies

• blarics11
    Options
    try moving the scale to a different spot. also maybe check and see if the battery needs to be changed
  • ivikatasha
    ivikatasha Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    My scale was acting crazy too and I replaced the battery to try and fix it. It is working nicely now.
  • kaetra
    kaetra Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    9 pounds difference sounds pretty broken to me!
  • kimtpa1417
    kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Change the battery. I changed mine just 2 weeks ago because it was doing the same.
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I'll have to go buy a 9volt. Thanks!
  • southernlay_d
    Options
    My scale shows a variation of 3 lbs up and down... Drives me nuts!!! I have started just stepping on it once and taking that number! I also put it in one spot and I leave it there, because if I move it even an inch, it will change the outcome.
  • ladybug2020
    ladybug2020 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem so I bought a new scale and started getting off & on both lol. Today I put a prob 1/2 in board under it and got on twice and each time weighed the same. So eventhough it was sitting on floor with very thin and old capeting possibly the floor boards may have had wiggle that I couldn't feel. You could try placing a board under it.
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    by a new scale or just get on it once or put a 5pd weight or bag of flour anything that you know is a certain weight and weigh it
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I might just wear the same thing I wore for my surgery on Monday to my check up in 2 weeks and see what the hospital scale tells me... 2 weeks of not thinking about it might help... haha
  • LilPnMeSkinnyFeet
    Options
    You might need a new scale
  • alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    Also be aware that your posture and position on the scale can also cause it to vary by as much as a few pounds. Make sure you stand upright with your feet on the same spots every time you weigh.