Callouses?

Options
So I have been hitting the gym hard lately and I am developing callouses on my hands from the weight lifting machines. I am wondering if anyone else has this problem and what to do about it? Lotion?

Replies

• surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Gloves?? Also great excuse to have a manicure!!!
  • tangal88
    tangal88 Posts: 689
    Options
    I wear gloves. :)
  • alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    Gloves are the best way to avoid them, once they are there the best thing you can do is hit them with a good lotion or utter balm.
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same problem, right below my ring finger on both hands. Bought some gloves yesterday to see if that helps; I'll try them on Monday.
  • tisamg
    tisamg Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Gloves. For the already developed callouses, you can gently buff them off with a pumice stone.
  • kassied09
    kassied09 Posts: 397
    Options
    Ahh! Gloves. I feel like I am going to look like a gym junkie...hahahah. I kind of used to make fun of people who wore gloves to the gym. Now I definitely see why..thanks guys.
  • LivLovLrn
    LivLovLrn Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    you can also put lotion on your hands and wear rubber gloves for an hour or so (I've heard of some people wearing them overnight, but wouldn't recommend it), that will help soften your whole hands :) But I agree with wearing gloves to the gym, and take any rings off before you start on weights.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Its either gloves, or you start showing people your hands saying...."DO YOU SEE THE COMMITMENT!? DO YOU SEE???? Becuase you ain't got nothin' on me!"
  • kassied09
    kassied09 Posts: 397
    Options
    Its either gloves, or you start showing people your hands saying...."DO YOU SEE THE COMMITMENT!? DO YOU SEE???? Becuase you ain't got nothin' on me!"

hahaha :D
    Might go with gloves...

Oh and good reminder ZumbaQ...Did not even think about my ring that I wear. -slaps forehead- DUH.
  • LMHinson15
    LMHinson15 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Ahh! Gloves. I feel like I am going to look like a gym junkie...hahahah. I kind of used to make fun of people who wore gloves to the gym. Now I definitely see why..thanks guys.

I know this thread is old, but I just searched it to see if anyone had asked this question before. I appreciate the input!

I thought about gloves too, but have avoided them for this ^^reason precisely. Guess I just need to suck it up!