hi from birmingham UK

Options
Hi everyone,

Hope alls going well? This web app has really helped me. I am looking though for some work out tips for earier weight loss? Does anyone have a brilliant work out tip for a mum of 2 so the gym is not an option? I run as much as i can and work out as much sa i can too however i would be interested to learn some new tips?

Amy

Replies

• meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Hi Freya

I'm in the midlands too.
    I do go to gym, and run, but on days when I just can't, I've been trying out the 30 day shred - it's pretty good.
  • MrsM1ggins
    MrsM1ggins Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    If you're really busy then the best thing to do is get your exercise wherever you can.

Take the stairs instead of the escalator/lift. Walk to the shops instead of taking the car. Run up the stairs instead of walking up them.

If you haven't got it already I'd also recommend the 30 day shred. It's only half an hour out of your day so even if you're busy it should be possible to fit it in.

:flowerforyou:

ETA Ha Ha - SNAP!
  • freyaehren
    Options
    Thanks ladies

whats the 30 day shred?sounds ace!
  • frankiesats
    frankiesats Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hey :) Feel free to add me!

30 day shred is a DVD which you can buy for about £6 from amazon, its 20 minutes of circuit training a day for 30 days and does work well... You can even combine the 3 work outs when you've done the full 30 days if you want to keep going.

Being a mummy should give you lot of time to run around after your kiddies!! :) xxx
  • poytheboyDave
    Options
    Hello,

I'm a fellow Brummie and been here for just over three weeks. I've lost 16lbs by looking at food in a completely different way.

In my younger days I was always active. I used to belong to a gym. Today I'm just over 17 stones and don't feel ready to go to the gym. I bought a wii fit board and simple light exercise everyday has contributed to my weight loss. You're in the comfort of your own living room, you go at your own pace. I've begun walking to a supermarket 3/4 of a mile away, and carrying those shopping bags back has also given me a workout !!

I'm actually thinking of getting Zumba. I loved dancing when I was "clubbing it", and again I think it might be fun. I've got a rowing machine which has had its cobwebs blown away, which is also helping. So just because you can 't go to the gym there are options.

Good luck, and feel free to add me as a friend if you wish, we're all here for the same reason.

Dave
  • MKB83
    MKB83 Posts: 31
    Options
    workout videos are the best when the gym isn't an option! 30DS is good, as it's only 20 minutes (if you can stand Jillian Michaels). P90X is a bit more extreme if you have an hr or so a day... and I have just gotten Insanity (but have not yet tried it)
  • AmyPearshape
    AmyPearshape Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I love the UK! Put on that great British rock and dance around the house! :)
  • Hmrjmr1
    Hmrjmr1 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Good Day, Here is one that may help though I haven't been in England for a long time so I'm not sure about the commercial break pattern on TV, but what I do is some walking in place and fundamental stretching during the commercial breaks of the morning shows (you get about 20 mins per hour here) before I eat Breakie. Gets the juices flowing and makes digestive system work a bit more efficiently. Armies have been doing it since the Romans.