Chicken, Beef, Steak or Salmon for dinner?

Options
These are my options for dinner tonight. I'd rather stay away from the red meats, but we've been eating chicken daily and I'm getting sick of it. It's rainy/raining outside so we cannot grill anything.

I kinda want the fish but IDK what to do with it (How to cook it or what to cook WITH it) Ive askd for advice on recipes for the Salmon before but I never seem to have the right stuff.

SO..out of these things, what would you chose, and how would you prepare it? It's 2pm, and we try to have dinner around 6pm!

BTW. I'm "running low" on cals. I have 464cals left for dinner and snack. (snack will be 100 cal pop corn- so 346 for dinner)

Replies

• purplepollypops
    purplepollypops Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I would choose salmon and I would chuck some herbs and lemon juice on it then wrap it in tin foil and bake in the oven or steam and serve with new potatoes and salad
  • beccadaniixox
    beccadaniixox Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Oohhh, Salmon. I'm going home on Wed. and my mom told me she's gonna make me salmon and I am so excited!! :)
    We either use a teriyaki glaze on it or Montreal Steak Seasoning.
    Wrap it in tinfoil and then I'd assume you can just pop it in the oven since you can't grill it. :)
  • Dancergrrl87
    Options
    It's a shame you can't grill, because grilling salmon is so easy! Baking salmon will work too. I generally use a very simply marinade for it, just a bottle of Italian Dressing. If you have a vacuum sealer, you can marinade in an hour!
  • Jessabelle12
    Options
    Salmon, drizzled with hoi sin sauce, wrapped loosely in tin foil and cooked in the oven for 15-18 mins.... :) x
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    all of the above wrapped in bacon
  • L2M1D52
    L2M1D52 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Salmon and enjoy for me! I'm allergic.
  • jbaker99
    Options
    Baked Salmon & Coriander parcels: Place each salmon fillet on a large rectangle of aluminium foil with as much fresh coriander as you like and a thin slice of fresh lemon. Lift up the longer sides to meet over the salmon and fold with the shorter sides to create a parcel, making sure the foil is not touching the salmon on top. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees for 8 minutes. Prepare fine green beans or crunchy veg and wholegrain rice. Serve the coriander in it's parcel so that each diner gets the beautiful aroma on opening their own parcel. Enjoy. (Thanks to RV for this recipe).
  • Snakey74
    Snakey74 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Salmon in a foil packet, place one tiny little bit of butter on top, squirt with fresh lemon and sprinkle with dried dill herb or use a fresh sprig. Place in oven at 350 and cook until nice and flaky. Sides? Any (or several) of the following: Steamed broccoli, fresh asparagus, spinach salad, steamed fresh green beans, brown rice, baked sweet potato, couscous, garden salad. That is how I do mine. Enjoy!
  • staroftheeast
    staroftheeast Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    You can broil steaks or fish or even bake fish.
    It really does depend on my mood as to what I put on anything. Fish, I use lemon juice & pepper or lemon & tarragon or cajun spice with a bit of worchershire sauce, teriakyi with a bit of onion & garlic. I've been known to use some of the above for beef, and poultry as well.
    So whatever is easiest or quickest for you using one of the above ideas.
    Of course you can also slice your poultry, beef and slice/chop a bunch of veggies and do a stir fry.
    Serve with some brown rice, fruit & a glass of milk & you have a fairly balanced meal. just use a little cooking spray in the skillet or wok rather than butter.
  • Salmon in a foil packet, place one tiny little bit of butter on top, squirt with fresh lemon and sprinkle with dried dill herb or use a fresh sprig. Place in oven at 350 and cook until nice and flaky. Sides? Any (or several) of the following: Steamed broccoli, fresh asparagus, spinach salad, steamed fresh green beans, brown rice, baked sweet potato, couscous, garden salad. That is how I do mine. Enjoy!
    THANKS! I think I actually have the stuff to do this one with!