How do you spice up your plain greek yogurt?

Options
I think most of us can agree that plain greek yogurt taste like crap. I add brown sugar, walnut chips, flax seed, wheat germ, and this week I added peanut butter chips. Sometimes I add butterscotch chips or white chocolate chips.

Replies

• kneeki
    kneeki Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I usually eat it plain, or with a splash of honey. Today I added a little bit of strawberry preserves. That was omfgamazing - but not something I'll do every day. =P
  • beesareyellow
    beesareyellow Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I love it plain or with some fresh raspberries or strawberries. Sometimes, when I have oatmeal, I top it off with a few spoonfuls of Greek yogurt. It also works well in smoothies.
  • tayniicole
    Options
    flavor it with sugar free jello packets...they're only like 5 calories
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    i stir in maple syrup.
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I sometimes add a bit of honey and have recently been topping it with granola.
  • RLW0930
    RLW0930 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I've heard of adding dry ranch dip mix and using greek yogurt instead of sour cream for veggie trays. Haven't tried it yet, but thought I would share.
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    homemade granola
  • chatter27
    chatter27 Posts: 121
    Options
    I won't even touch the plain, I buy the fruit on the bottom greek yogurt.
  • Blackthorne99
    Blackthorne99 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt needs something to sweeten it. Typically, I use fruit for that or honey.
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I eat it plain as a substitute for sour cream on a lean taco or a baked potato.
  • LATeagno
    LATeagno Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I add in sugar free Polaner All Fruit with Fiber. It's basically mushed up strawberries with fiber and natural sweetener added. 20 cal/ 3 grams of fiber per tablespoon!!! Wayyy better than the 17g of sugar the flavored varieties have in them!
  • mamaredhead
    Options
    I love plain yogurt just like that. For me it tastes great ;-)

But I sometimes cut an apple or a banana in pieces and pour it over the fruit, add cinnamon and a dash of vanilla if I feel like it. Sometimes I only take a teaspoon of any kind of jam and -- yum :-)
  • BlooQKazoo
    Options
    Freeze it, add half of a sugar-free jello packet and truvia, if you want, and add some /real/ granola (I use Chappaqua Crunch - Simply Granola). It's amazing.
  • vixxy83
    vixxy83 Posts: 59
    Options
    i tried it as a dip for my pizza as a substitue for sour cream dip and it was well nice and for jack pots somethin different
  • ivyjbres
    ivyjbres Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I like it plain just fine, but cut some strawberries up and leave them on top overnight. They'll juice, then in the morning you can swirl them in so that you have swirls of strawberry yogurt and strawberries in your plain yogurt. Put some granola on top. Yumtastic. And if you add a few more strawberries after every time you snack (I buy the big container and just eat it straight out of there), they'll keep juicing, and you keep swirling, and it just gets berry-er and berry-er until you have the most fantastic strawberry yogurt ever.
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I'm agreeing with everyone. Honey, granola, fresh fruit, Jam, raisins, dried cranberries, cinnamon. Did not think of the sugar free jello though. Good one to try.
  • meowow
    meowow Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    cinnamon, fruit pieces, nuts, and granola does wonders!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    I must be the weird one who absolutely loves it plain? :huh:
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    I love it plain. (just to be awkward :laugh: )

However, I love adding fruit, honey, cinnamon, or jam.