How do you guys keep track of food on MFP

Options
I'm just curious as to how you guys keep track of your food on here. I've been tracking as I go, only adding food and exercise as I do it. I'm wondering if anyone adds foods they know they will eat later or plan everything out for the day? Pros and cons to both methods?

Thanks.

Replies

• MsMuniz
    MsMuniz Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I usually try to put everything in the morning for the day so I know how many calories, etc, I will be eating...and if I need to work out extra long, lol. But I always at least check the calories of something before I eat it, especially the once a week we eat out. It's great having the App on my Blackberry.
  • kristinsnorra
    Options
    I plan everything the day before or in the morning.
    that way I know what to have for dinner and launch and it's a good way to be sure i'm not going over my calorie limit :)
  • kendf60
    kendf60 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I usually have a mental plan for the day but don't log it until after. Sometimes my plans have to be altered so I wait until it's actually been done first. I alter my eating or exercise according to what got changed.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I pack my lunch (including daytime snacks) at the same time I make breakfast, so I will log my breakfast, lunch and day snacks all at once.

I then know how many calories I have left for dinner and any additional evening snackage.
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I pack my lunch (including daytime snacks) at the same time I make breakfast, so I will log my breakfast, lunch and day snacks all at once.

I then know how many calories I have left for dinner and any additional evening snackage.

This!!!
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    I log breakfast, lunch, and my daytime snacks as I eat/pack them. I exercise sometime during the day and log that so I know what I can do for dinner. It helps me know what I can plan for dinner so I can be thinking about that on the way home.

You just have to figure out what works for you.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I really like to plan my meals out using the food diary to make sure I don't go over my allotment for the day, but I don't make it official until I actually eat and workout. Sometimes things come up and my day doesn't exactly go as planned.
  • eddiegirll
    Options
    I log as I go, then by dinner sometimes if I haven't reached my calorie allotment. I have room for snacks & to make sure I get all the fiber & calcium needed for the day. This works for me!

5'4"
    234---Started Sept. 5, 2011
    Sept. 12, 2011
    Sept. 19, 2011
    Sept. 26, 2011
    Oct. 3, 2011
    125---Goal weight

I am getting use to this!! Losing slowly is working for me, I feel as though I have a much better chance at keeping it off...I have to stick with MFP's help. Once I reach my goal, I want to go on the Maintenance program so I stay at my goal. I don't want to fall off the wagon. I will get hurt, plus dirty & that don't feel good!!!

God Bless all your endeavors!
  • Mynue_Jeens
    Mynue_Jeens Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Thanks a lot. I might try some of your suggestions next week. I'm trying to figure out the best way for me.

I have the app on my Android phone which has been uber helpful :)