Please help me

:cry: I really need to lose weight but i can't

Replies

• JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Why can't you?
  • Adynata
    Adynata Posts: 128 Member
    Not really anything anyone can do if you don't elaborate.
  • 10fairywings
    10fairywings Posts: 136 Member
    Awwww don't cry!!! Give us some more info if you don't mind.
    Like what have you tried?
    How much weight would you like to lose?
    Do you do any exercise and if so what do you do?

Very pleased to help if I can :) xx
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    First question is why? A little info goes a long way.
  • Sparrow_Feet
    Sparrow_Feet Posts: 76 Member
    You've only just joined MFP yeah? Give it focus, and time. Many people have lost weight with MFP but you need to be in the right frame of mind....you need to want to do it, and be focussed on doing it.

Why do you say you can't? What have you already tried?
  • wifeyy
    wifeyy Posts: 481 Member
    why can't you? if anyone else on this planet can do it... SO CAN YOU... THEY DONT HAVE ANYTHING MORE THEN YOU.
    YOU JUST NEED TO MAKE THE EFFORT.
  • KevDaniel
    KevDaniel Posts: 449 Member
    Of course you can! :D
  • LAWIII
    LAWIII Posts: 50
    Awwww don't cry!!! Give us some more info if you don't mind.
    Like what have you tried?
    How much weight would you like to lose?
    Do you do any exercise and if so what do you do?

Very pleased to help if I can :) xx

Agree!
  • Hmrjmr1
    Hmrjmr1 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Yes you can, give some more info and maybe folks here can help.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Yes you can!!!!!

You have taken a first step. Start logging your food and looking at what you are eating and you will soon see where you can make some changes. Add in some excercise and you will start losing weight. Just take one step at a time. Use all the tools on this site, read all the success stories and if you need advice and support ask for it. This is an amazing site, the people are so supportive that you will find it gets easier as time goes by.

So welcome and good luck with your journey.
  • melkadee
    melkadee Posts: 5,598 Member
    You can do this!
  • Sparrow_Feet
    Sparrow_Feet Posts: 76 Member
    This post may help focus your mind on what you need to do: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/363561-weight-loss-6-strategies-for-success
  • bugsygal89
    bugsygal89 Posts: 48 Member
    :cry: I really need to lose weight but i can't

Oh yes you can sweetie! Making the effort to start the change is the hardest. Feel free to add me if you need any advice or support. Just remember it will never happen overnight. Log what you eat and just keep an eye on your eating habits. I promise, it works. Once you see your lifestyle habits and begin to change, I guarantee weight loss will eventually come.
  • ShellBell4281
    ShellBell4281 Posts: 127 Member
    I think you may just be overwhelmed at this point. Just take it one day at a time. Remember, this process take time. Also remember, when you start working out, you may gain weight. Keep in mind that this is just water weight. Don't get discouraged. That has been my problem. I workout, watch what I eat, and the numbers on the scale go UP!
  • dobarber
    dobarber Posts: 611 Member
    That's exactly what I thought when I tried at the beginning. I was 340 lbs and now I'm down to 318. The weight didn't come off at all at first but I kept counting calories and working with the deficit and started moving instead of watching tv all day and all night long. The first two weeks I had absolutely no weight loss. NONE. I was really mad and depressed all at the same time. The second two weeks the weight just started coming off slowly and before I knew it I was down 22 pounds. Just keep hammering at it and you'll make it. We all believe in you more than you know.
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    I agree with everyone, YES you can... Give us more detail so we can help. There was a time in my life, not to long ago where I didn't think I could either. Never in a million years did I think I could, would and keep it off! We're here to help so let us.
  • MIMITIME
    MIMITIME Posts: 405 Member
    I felt like that until I found MFP. It has changed my life and if you follow the guidelines, it will change yours. On this site, you don't have to torture yourself, you don't have to exercise for hours on end and you don't have to deny yourself of the foods you love. All you have to do is enter your food (I enter before I eat to stay on track) in your diary and stay within the guidelines of calories, ect. Good Luck ps - If you mess up one day, move on to the next day and try again!