:(

Options
I seemed to have lost my motivation in the past few weeks! I can't find it. I know I can do this but now without a reason it seems kind of pointless.... I can say all that crazy do it for yourself mumbo jumbo but it's wasted on me. How do I rekick myself in the butt?

Replies

• brittg7
    brittg7 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aowB5wNPvWQ&feature=player_embedded

how bad do you want this? it has to be internal but really how bad do you want to change your life?
  • Fatymira
    Fatymira Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    GO and get jeans one size smaller then what you are and when u can`t get in them it will make u angry and you`ll get back on track. :-D .... well this is what I do ...
  • Timeforme714
    Timeforme714 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Why don't you have a reason to anymore? I'm sure there are lots of good reasons!
  • czechsmate
    czechsmate Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Do it for yourself! You want to look and feel great! Come on...you can do this!:flowerforyou:
  • jturner01
    jturner01 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Another good reason (long term goal-wise) is to help save money. I work in a pharmacy and a lot of unhealthy people who are unable to change the lifestyle habits and exercise patterns end up needing 3 to 4 medications to help lower blood pressure, cholesterol, etc. and these medicines can cost up to $40 a month on average. Just a thought....but if you stay motivated now, you'll have extra money in the long run!
  • inotnew
    inotnew Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    try mini goals. break it down to smaller achievments
  • jasmineconley
    jasmineconley Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    It has been a crazy hectic last couple of weeks! I originally started the weight loss as part of a program for the VA and it has stopped so I don't have them to be accountable to. Then I changed over to losing it for my guy that I was with for 4.5 years until he decided to screw his niece. So that's done. Now I'm sitting here trying to think of a reason to do half of the stuff I do at all... I've always been the take care of everyone else person and I don't do anything for me and when people try the whole do it for yourself song and dance I just get annoyed. Maybe I'm too used to being fat and miserable LOL
  • gazz777
    gazz777 Posts: 722
    Options
    If it seems hard to kick yourself in the butt, ask others to help. Seriously. The team spirit on here is great. I for one am happy to cheer you on.

Friend me if you wish - just add a note. 8 months ago I wasn't motivated to lose weight. Now I'm about 70 pounds lighter and finally LOVE LIVING.

I still have a ways to go, so need a kick from behind myself.

Some (including myself) have found inspiration in my blog... http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/gazz777

Gary
  • Akjenn89
    Akjenn89 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Then I changed over to losing it for my guy that I was with for 4.5 years until he decided to screw his niece. So that's done.

That's disturbing, I'm sorry. :( Guys can be such pigs sometimes.

Sometimes the best reason is for yourself. Not for anyone else, but you, your health, and your happiness. As corny as that sounds.

Not to mention exercise is a great way to get some of that aggression out. =D I absolutely loved taking a kickboxing class and imagining someone else's face as my target. XD Maybe you just need to switch things up, too. Doing the same thing over and over again can get monotonous and certainly dwindles my will power as well.
  • jasmineconley
    Options
    I know right? Very very disturbing! I am getting pretty bored with the workouts. The VA also had me using Spark People which I HATE on top of MFP. With relatives in and out and problems at home and getting my daughter through homeschooling I think I've just kind of had it at this point :( I need a hobby or something
  • Megan2Project
    Megan2Project Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I seemed to have lost my motivation in the past few weeks! I can't find it. I know I can do this but now without a reason it seems kind of pointless.... I can say all that crazy do it for yourself mumbo jumbo but it's wasted on me. How do I rekick myself in the butt?

I always tell myself "Give it one more week" then I end up having some better results or feeling better and decide to stick with it.
  • jasmineconley
    Options
    I have been... One of my mfp friends even told me what happened? You were doing amazing and now I'm not such a trail blazer
  • Akjenn89
    Akjenn89 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Do you track your progress other than the scale? I've recently started doing this new exercise program, and I write down all my stats for push ups, sit ups, running times, etc. And trying to beat those numbers each week is sometimes really motivating. Or just seeing my progress from the first week to the next even. I also have a work out buddy now, because after 4 weeks of doing it by yourself, it gets tough to stay on track. Having someone else there for you to hold you accountable is helpful (atleast for me).
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Then I changed over to losing it for my guy that I was with for 4.5 years until he decided to screw his niece. So that's done.

His niece, seriously. Geez, where are you people from??? :sick:
  • MIMITIME
    MIMITIME Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Mistake number 1 - doing it for someone else and not yourself. Easy to correct - do it for yourself, be accountable to your self. Once you lose your weight and get a healthier you, your ex will probably be some where needing a round of penicilin based on his behavior. Revenge is sweet!
  • jasmineconley
    Options
    I don't really have scale issues... My scale is going down I just don't really fell into it anymore which blows
  • jasmineconley
    Options
    If you think that's good try this one on for size... his mom said I needed to get over it because she's family?!?!?! WOW
  • Adrenaline_Queen
    Adrenaline_Queen Posts: 626 Member
    Options

:flowerforyou: I found your motivation for you, here it is in this flower, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • jasmineconley
    Options
    Myself was actually pretty okay with the way I am... I can't really see myself getting back to where I used to be. ( I suck at the whole imagination thing) He will definitely have a hard way to go but I'm glad to be out of that mess!
  • jasmineconley
    Options
    Awwww thanks hun! That's a great flower!