I have a few 30DS questions????

Options
Okay so I got my copy today and am ready to get started, SO EXCITED!!! I just had a few questions....... First how do I account for calories burned? Anyone know?? Second, Is this a workout that you have to do everyday religiously?? (havent opened it yet lol) And what do you do if you miss a day, just pick up where you left off??? Ok I think thats it :happy: Thanks to all who answer in advance :flowerforyou:

Replies

• becca92562
    becca92562 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    i wear a heart rate monitor so i know i burned 180 cals in step 1 and 220 in step 2 never made it to 3

it says to do everyday i always took 1 day of rest and picked up where i left off

if you miss too many u could do a few days at previous level until u feel ready again
  • keddabee
    Options
    Hey there :)

I only do my 30DS on weekdays as this is when im best at a routine. When weekends come along my routine is out the window! I do have a rowing machine so try and jump on that on my off days.

I put it down as 20 minutes of circuit training since your doing both strength and cardio :)

I think its personal preference. If you want to do it full on for 30 days then go for it but I've found it pretty tough so far and its good to have a day off to let your body rest!

Good luck! And hope you have great results like we all have!! xx
  • Neliel
    Neliel Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    You can either log the calories burned under 'circuit training' on here (which is actually quite inaccurate) or you could get yourself a heart rate monitor for precise calculation of calories burned.
    I'm on a run of the 30 Day Shred myself now and I intend to do it every single day for the 30 days this time. If you miss a day, just pick up where you left off and add a day is what i'd do though.
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    For those of you who have a HRM, how many cals are you burning? I log it as circuit training which adds up to 225 which sounds about right to me.

I haven't done it every day and am still seeing results. I'm also running every other day though. If you get to a point where you're really struggling I suggest taking a day off. Late into level 1 I was trying to do more real pushups, was up to 3 and just couldn't get to 4. Took a day off and breezed through 4. I also took a couple days off due to an accident at work that made me stiff and sore. I say aim to do it every day but if you take one off once in a while and are still active I think it's a good thing. Rest days can help build muscle too.
  • 21karensmith
    21karensmith Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Okay so I dont have a heart rate monitor, but I think I would even settle for an average lol. Thanks all:happy: