Greek Yogurt, yay or nay

Options
13»

Replies

• curvygirl512
    curvygirl512 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    ...I also use the plain zero fat in place of sour cream.

I do the same.

And I prefer Chobani or Oikos b/c of its higher protein content. It keeps me fuller, longer.
  • Ebbykins
    Ebbykins Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Liberte and Presidents choice (if in Canada I believe) mmm yay! I go with the ones with the highest protein content per serving/lowest cost I can find.
  • Kathij50
    Options
    Ya! I really like it. But I prefer NOT too sweet. I like the chobani pineapple and I add kashi granola sometimes....it's a snack that will stick with me
  • janf15
    janf15 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I like Greek yoghurt. In fact I had a little just before I logged on. One cup, a spoon of honey, a tsp walnuts, and a little sliced banana. I liked that - and I just made it up.
  • sashalarue
    sashalarue Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I love the Fage greek yogurt!!! The texture reminds me of a whipped cream cheese almost, i mix it in with my protein shakes to add a extra kick to it...so it's a YaY from me....oh and btw it's great to rub on your chicken or fish that you throw in the oven...
  • Ruby11222
    Ruby11222 Posts: 114
    Options
    Really don't like it unfortunately, the amount of honey I eat with it makes it too unhealthy.

In Australia we have Jalna which is probably just as good anyway, and YUM.
  • it_be_asin
    it_be_asin Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    It's the only yogurt to eat, taste wise and health wise. Can't eat the thickened and sweetened yogurts anymore, they taste so fake.

And yeah, it is a bit acidic. I love it that way. I eat it plain, but no added sugar fruit flavours do it for me also.
  • it_be_asin
    it_be_asin Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Really don't like it unfortunately, the amount of honey I eat with it makes it too unhealthy.

In Australia we have Jalna which is probably just as good anyway, and YUM.

IMHO Jalna counts as a Greek yogurt.
  • lisa_styring
    lisa_styring Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am an an Aussie and I have to say that the Tamar Valley mixed 6 pack no added sugar Greek Style yogurts are the bomb!
    Think of creamy low fat greek yogurt topped with real mixed berry, mango , passion fruit, strawberry and raspberry or a citrus cheesecake flavour!....One mini tub (125 G) is on average only 84 calories!!!! They are my go to "sugar craving" treat!! :happy:
  • Lisa_222
    Lisa_222 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I like both. It's nice to have the variety.
  • bbandjreed
    Options
    love the oikos but it has a lot of sugar :( maybe there is a sugar-free line that I haven't seen
  • jeffsgal105
    jeffsgal105 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Please for the love of God people, do some SEARCHING before posting!
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    i like to get plain greek yogurt and add in about 1 tsp pure maple syrup for about 15ish calories.
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I think it is definitely more tart but I do eat the Chobani a lot because of the protein content of it. I wish it tasted like the regular yogurts though :)
  • MIMITIME
    MIMITIME Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I really like the Greek Yogurt. Choboni is my favorite and my go to food if I am in a hurry or just can't decide what I want to eat.