Just Joined today

Options
I have a goal of removing 50 pounds of chubby from my body :happy:
Like the idea of food logs to get a good look at what I am eating
so I will be better aware of what I am putting in my mouth, When
I see it in print I think it will help me stop grazing so much..

Replies

• tn_hammock
    Options
    Logging what I eat before I eat it is the ONLY thing that stops me from eating non-stop!

Welcome!
  • Luandanielle1979
    Luandanielle1979 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck x
  • thurberj
    thurberj Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Logging has helped me so much!! Sometimes I don't when i am out of town, But I am still thinking about what I put in my mouth!! Exercise and getting my metabolism to wake from the dead has helped too! Welcome!
  • PearlMarie_3gen_11484
    Options
    I log everything before I eat it, either that day or the night before. What I log the night before are the days I know that I am not going to be going anywhere that day.
  • MissGeorgiaPeachy
    MissGeorgiaPeachy Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I love using the food log! More importantly I love the people in this community because they are so encouraging! I hope you enjoy your time here. :)
  • azzacca
    azzacca Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I was using SparkPeople, but decided to try MFP when I found out it also took your exercise into consideration when calculating how many calories you get. Either way, it helps a LOT to know what you're eating.

The other thing that made a huge difference for me was eating breakfast. I wasn't aware that your metabolism didn't start working til you eat in the morning. I have a smoothy with yogurt, milk, frozen fruit and protein powder. Eating every three hours and trying to be sure there is protein every time makes a huge difference.
  • niicolemariies
    niicolemariies Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! :)