Starting again and need help staying on track!

Options
Hi my name is Liz,

I started MFP in January and did great for a little while, I fell off the wagon so to speak and struggled getting back on.
Here I am months later absolutly disgused in myself....I went to the store today and tried on my size jeans - walked out in tears b/c they didn't fit. I REFUSE to buy a size up and this is what has put me back to MFP.
I am ready to start fresh Monday morning and any ideas for food, any encouragement would be VERY much appreciated.

I am ready to start my journey and take this very seriously. I am allowed 1200 calories a day so if anyone has any good ideas I would be appreciative to hear them.

Replies

• Fatymira
    Fatymira Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Don`t be upset with yourself. This horrible feeling when u pick up ur size in the shop and go in the fitting room and the anger, the embarrassment , on way out when u have to leave the item on the rail cos it dosen`t fit ...its all so familiar. The good news is u have made the right decision and eve more u put the plan into action and you are back. It will be a long and difficult journey but every journey has a first step and u have done it already. x
  • dylanandsean
    dylanandsean Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your kind words and yes you nailed it on the head with what you said - I am sooo upset but have only myself to blame. Do you have any good ideas for meals or anything like that.
  • crseedee
    crseedee Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Great job taking the next step to reach your goal. I also started because I refused to buy bigger clothes. I've steadily climbed sizes in the last 15 years & I'm not going to allow myself to neglect my health or my emotional well-being any longer. If you want you can look at my food diary & see what i eat & how many calories it is. You can change the days by hitting the arrows for other days as well (in case you didn't already know that) Welcome and I look forward to helping/supporting you any way that I can. :)
  • Fatymira
    Fatymira Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Its more likely I have. Depend on what you like to eat and how many times a day you need to eat. Surely u know if u r used to eating 5 times a day going on a diet and cutting down on meals as well as on cal is not the best idea. Tell me what is it u would enjoy eating and how many times and I can see if I have any tricks in my handbag. Here or if u prefer In box me x
  • Hmrjmr1
    Hmrjmr1 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    /start one step at a time ma'am your 1200 cals sounds pretty severe since that is the minimum most dietitians would recommend. With out knowing more its hard to recommend. But think veggies and lean meat and look at dropping starches and sugars. Good Luck and if I can help more let me know.
  • pbl1966
    pbl1966 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hey Liz,
    I started MFP 3 1/2 weeks ago and am also doing 1200/day. So far I am amazed that I have lost nearly 10 pounds and am fitting back into old jeans. I find the 1200 a day can be hard on days that I have not exercised so I try to burn some extra calories every day. Feel free to friend me and look at what I have been eating if you would like. Good luck.:happy:
  • dylanandsean
    dylanandsean Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Severe??? Is 1200 bad? That's what MFP put me at. Thanks for everyone warming hellos :)
  • kjraye5
    kjraye5 Posts: 40
    Options
    Hi Liz,

I just joined as well and I am ready to start first thing in the morning. I am also doing 1200 calories, I don't think it's extreme as long as we don't go below. Maybe I am wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's what I have read.

Anyway, feel free to friend me. We can start this journey together tomorrow morning. =)

Good luck!!