Pregnancy - October 2011

Options

Replies

• lilibe
    lilibe Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Melissa - What kind of breast pump did you get?

Does anyone know if the manual pumps work ok?
  • FitMommyLuv
    Options
    8 WEEKS PREGNANT TODAY :bigsmile:

MY FIRST PRENATAL APT WENT GREAT:smile: .MY BABYS HEART RATE WAS 134 AND EVERYTHING CHECKED OUT WONDERFULY:flowerforyou: .DIDNT GET THE BEST ULTRASOUND PICTURE BUT HEY SEEN THE LITTLE BODY AND BEATING HEART SO I'M HAPPY AND OVER JOYED IT KINDA FEELS MORE REAL NOW...
  • MadBabysMama
    MadBabysMama Posts: 373 Member
    Options

MY FIRST PRENATAL APT WENT GREAT:smile: .MY BABYS HEART RATE WAS 134 AND EVERYTHING CHECKED OUT WONDERFULY:flowerforyou: .DIDNT GET THE BEST ULTRASOUND PICTURE BUT HEY SEEN THE LITTLE BODY AND BEATING HEART SO I'M HAPPY AND OVER JOYED IT KINDA FEELS MORE REAL NOW...
    Hooray! Such a wonderful sound, that heart beat, right? I heard my baby's again on Thursday.
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options

Yay! I'm so happy you got to see a little peanut in there and a hearbeat to go with it!
  • R_mageddon
    R_mageddon Posts: 68 Member
    Options

Yay! :)
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    Lindsay - I used an Avent manual pump with my others and it worked fine, but it was a bit slower. I am going with an electric pump this time because I will have to pump at school and want something fast - get it done and over with! And maybe I can even study while it's going.
  • Caperfae
    Caperfae Posts: 433
    Options
    I bought an electric pump last weekend. The First Years MiPump or something like that. Used it once, barely got any milk. I got so discouraged I almost started feeding the baby formula thinking I was starving her. Turns out SHE has better suction than the pump did. She's gaining weight now that my milk supply is in so I'm happy about that. I'm at a loss as to what a good pump is other than the Medela and those are out of my price range.
  • Scorpiomom222
    Options
    34 weeks!
    075.jpg
  • jsmith2377
    jsmith2377 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I bought an electric pump last weekend. The First Years MiPump or something like that. Used it once, barely got any milk. I got so discouraged I almost started feeding the baby formula thinking I was starving her. Turns out SHE has better suction than the pump did. She's gaining weight now that my milk supply is in so I'm happy about that. I'm at a loss as to what a good pump is other than the Medela and those are out of my price range.
    Babies have Remarkable suction. So much better than a pump. Don't get discouraged! You can do it.
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options

That's the one I'm using right now, and I have to say, I think the Avent hand pump was just as efficient. I should be able to get a better pump from WIC next appointment so I'll let you know what I find out there.
  • mukie89
    mukie89 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Melissa - What kind of breast pump did you get?

Does anyone know if the manual pumps work ok?

i got a madela breast pump for $45 from a second hand store, then brought the accessories (shield etc.) online from amazon. im not too sure about the manual pumps
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    Kathryn marisonia born october 9th 1:01pm 6lbs 2oz 18 1/4 inches long. She's perfect
  • jsmith2377
    jsmith2377 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Congrats Ron2282!
  • Scorpiomom222
    Options
    Yay!!!! Congrats! I can't wait to see pictures!!!
  • chelledmal
    chelledmal Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I'm still lagging around here. Sorry I haven't been much of a support to ya'll lately. Things here have been absolutely crazy with my husband's new job and a crazy hard move to a new house. That being said, I'll catch up soon.

Congratulations caperfae and ron! So glad to hear about your little bundles of joy!

I hope you're all doing well. I am 23 weeks today! This pregnancy is going by so much quicker than my first pregnancy! Can't wait to meet my sweet baby Joel.
  • lilibe
    lilibe Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Ronya!!!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Hubby and I have just decided to start trying for our first. I'm still heavier than I wanted to be when TTC, but otherwise the timing is really perfect. Any advice on trying to conceive is welcome, as other than the obvious "have lots of sex," we have no idea how this works. Hubby is enjoying the "trying" though :)

My grandfather is busy fixing up the crib he made for me when I was born. This will be his first great-grandchild.

Hopefully will have some other good news to post in a few weeks when my period is due. :)
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Hey girls. So happy everyone is doing well in their pregnancy. I have a personal question.... has anyone ever had a miscarriage and "passed" everything naturally? (Without D&C?)

If so, how long did it take? =( I was told last Thursday that my baby didn't have a heartbeat (was just over 7 wks then) and still haven't had any bleeding or anything. OB said it could take "weeks". Just wondering... I guess I'm just looking for someone who has been through it before. Thanks so much ladies...

My first pregnancy I lost in February 2009 and it all passed very quickly. I was 4 months along when it happened.

I am so sorry for your loss. Miscarriage is a scary thing.
  • JKilty
    JKilty Posts: 75
    Options
    Kathryn marisonia born october 9th 1:01pm 6lbs 2oz 18 1/4 inches long. She's perfect

Yay! Congrats!!
  • R_mageddon
    R_mageddon Posts: 68 Member
    Options

Congrats!