Grrr! I feel like I lose my mind during that time of the mon

Options
That might be too much information for some, but I hate that I completely fell off of the wagon. Hell, I ate the wagon! I don't want to wait to get back on until it's over, but I feel so unmotivated and all I want is sweets and carbs. Does anyone else feel like this during that time or is it just some kind of craziness that I have? Maybe this has to do with waiting to see if I'm positive for cushings or not. I don't know--- I'm just disappointed in myself and my looks.

Replies

• MommyWilson
    Options
    That might be too much information for some, but I hate that I completely fell off of the wagon. Hell, I ate the wagon! I don't want to wait to get back on until it's over, but I feel so unmotivated and all I want is sweets and carbs. Does anyone else feel like this during that time or is it just some kind of craziness that I have? Maybe this has to do with waiting to see if I'm positive for cushings or not. I don't know--- I'm just disappointed in myself and my looks.
  • OliveBranch
    OliveBranch Posts: 104
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel. I am frustrated to tears tonight...hormones don't help our situation. All we can do is look to a new day and hope to improve tomorrow. I know that feeling sick, bloated, and stuffed is not worth those 20 minutes of gorging. When you're appetite is insatiable, please try to remind yourself that it will NEVER be enough...That's what I tell myself when I'm overdoing it. No amount will ever be good enough...so I have to stop and take control.
    Best of luck, please stay positive. That's most important!!!! Keep at it. Much Support
  • July
    July Posts: 239
    Options
    I often feel that way during that time of the month! I hope these ideas help:
    To meet the carb craving: popcorn, made in an airpopper or on the range (not that microwave crap) with loads of salt or some of that spray butter
    For sweets: Trader Joe's chocolate mini-merengues. only 10 calories each, and they melt in your mouth!
    Also, diet soda - I wish I didn't, but it's the lesser of many evils.
  • cmstief
    cmstief Posts: 59
    Options
    gosh i can so relate to all of this! i feel terrible during my time of the month and yes all i want are carbs and sugar! i constantly feel hungry and its sooooooo frustrating! and question.. is it true that you weigh more during that time of the month???
  • KKluvUSC
    KKluvUSC Posts: 37
    Options
    Weigh more? Oh yes. I weight almost 8-10lbs more b/c of fricken' water weight. It's weird though- I crave food like a week before, then the day or 2 leading up to it, I am not that hungry and not that hungry for the first couple of days, then things kind of return to normal. Problem is that I continue to eat even when I am not hungry. Hello overeating slash emotional eating... **sigh**
  • ericajewel
    Options
    I am right there with ya girls! I have been on MFP for three weeks now and I have been doing great.....but these past two days I have been wanting to eat more! and later at night.....and I know this is the reason:sad: I have been good though (so far) and I am proud of myself. I went into the kitchen tonight and opened the frig trying to find something to EAT!!!.....and I was like NO! I am NOT going to do this again!!! So....I turned around, grabbed a banana (and gave half to my hubby) and ran into my room and watched Biggest Loser.....lol...so need less to say.....when this time comes for me, I am going to have something healthy on hand to curb my cravings.....we can do it girls!!!
    btw....MommyWilson, thanks for posting this.....I really needed the encouragement!! THANK YOU!!:flowerforyou:
  • cmstief
    cmstief Posts: 59
    Options
    omg yes i need the encouragement too! okay so you really do weigh more?? im not just randomly gaining weight???? wow thank you! that is sooo nice to know!
  • MommyWilson
    Options
    Thanks ladies.
    Right now I'm back to feeling like I can get all this weight off... funny enough when I woke up this song from Rascal Flats was on. I'm sure that weight loss was not intended to be the theme of the song, but it really helped me today.:blushing:
    Here are the lyrics.

Feels Like Today lyrics

I woke up this morning
    With this feeling inside me that I can't explain
    Like a weight that I've carried
    Been carried away, away
    But I know something is coming
    I don't know what it is
    But I know it's amazing, you save me
    My time is coming
    And I'll find my way out of this longest drought

It feels like today I know it feels like today I'm sure