How to Overcome or Break a Plateau

Options
Some of you are asking about plateauing. 'How to break through a plateau'. Remember your body is a working system... it's all science. Calories in, calories out.

To tone up by 1 pound of fat in 1 week, you must create a deficit in calories by 3,500. 3,500 divided by 7 days is 500 calories per day that you will need to create a deficit in with diet & exercise.

You can do this by burning 200-300 calories with a 30 minute cardio session on top of your bikini routines! Your HIIT workouts (high intensity interval training) increase your post exercise recovery too, causing your metabolism to burn even more calories at rest! By combining this with eating natural, you will tone up! Let it happen!

If you want to tone up by 2 pounds per week, that's about a 60 minute workout session and eating approximately 1,600-1,700 calories per day- all very clean & natural food. Not to mention you'll have more energy and all the other benefits that go along healthy eating... cancer prevention, longevity, less stress.. etc. Don't forget to have your rewards here & there- dark chocolate, yogurt with cocoa, an oatmeal cookie- anything less than 250 calories :)

*** If you're at a plateau and you've been doing all of these steps correctly, let your body catch up! It's just a process. The trick is to push through it. If you let it go every Friday, Saturday and Sunday, that's HALF the month, so you'll just be at a standstill. Your challenge is to break through it... hydrate, include HIIT cardio, do your workouts we send you every week, include your pyramid training and show your stubborn fat cells who's BOSS!! :)

Have fun with it.

Speaking from experience, I toned up more than 35 pounds:) The scale went up and down like crazy... but one day I decided to push through it, knowing that something had to come from all the hard work. My biggest battle was giving up fake sugar- I was a fake sugar junky! As soon as I started eating what the earth gave me, my body transformed. I hope this helps :) I know it can be frustrating. Just hang tight!

Replies

• Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Love this post and your profile pic! This is exactly what I need right now to break through my almost 2 year plateau! I've got to conquer this sugar and carb addition! I'm going to do it! Thanks again!!!

(Sorry for all the exclamation points. I am pumped right now. :wink: )
  • skinnyb450
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Awesome post - Just what I need right now too - Thankyou for posting :)
  • laursey
    laursey Posts: 307
    Options
    Bump!
  • siabevis
    siabevis Posts: 811
    Options
    Sure thing! I overcame my plateau by just pushing hard. I ate CLEANER. Exercised BETTER. Ate more OFTEN. Just gotta tweak what you are already doing and then compare results. Every body is so different!
  • JJasMyself
    JJasMyself Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Excellent post! Great Advice! The key to any plateau is perseverance and better food choices! :)
  • JJasMyself
    JJasMyself Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Sure thing! I overcame my plateau by just pushing hard. I ate CLEANER. Exercised BETTER. Ate more OFTEN. Just gotta tweak what you are already doing and then compare results. Every body is so different!

ABSOLUTELY!
  • ambie443
    Options
    thanks for the info, I have not hit a plateau yet, but this info is very good to have, so when I get to that point I know what to do. thanks again
  • siabevis
    Options
    thanks for the info, I have not hit a plateau yet, but this info is very good to have, so when I get to that point I know what to do. thanks again

EVERYONE hits a plateau at SOME point so dont feel discouraged!
  • watchmeshrink16
    watchmeshrink16 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Thank you a bunch!!
  • siabevis
    Options
    You are welcome
  • fit4travels
    Options
    bump
  • siabevis
    Options
    :)
  • brittbergh
    brittbergh Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Just what I wanted to read right now actually! Thank you very much! Ive been at this same silly number now and Im going crazy!
  • siabevis
    Options
    You are welcome
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Dancergrrl87
    Options
    Thanks hun! I'll def have to try this.