How often do you all weigh yourself?

Options
Just curious, and I'm sure it's been posted, but I can't seem to find it.... How often should I weigh in?? I have been doing it every few days, and that's a little depressing sometimes. Should I do it once a week? Thoughts/ Ideas/ Advice greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!
Jess

Replies

• destinyisyours
    Options
    Just curious, and I'm sure it's been posted, but I can't seem to find it.... How often should I weigh in?? I have been doing it every few days, and that's a little depressing sometimes. Should I do it once a week? Thoughts/ Ideas/ Advice greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!
    Jess
  • sarahiris
    sarahiris Posts: 82
    Options
    hi well im due my first weigh in tomorrow and i havent weighed myself in a week:smile:
  • Shadowpaws
    Shadowpaws Posts: 109
    Options
    Once a week is the best... though I often find myself doing it every day. I shouldn't... but sometimes it's hard. Doing it once a week, you're more likely to see permanent changes.
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Once a week, same day, same time. Mine is thursdays......first thing when you get up, naked is best, after you use the bathroom and before you eat or drink anything.

This will give the most accurate reading from week to week as our weight can naturally fluctuate from day to day, hour to hour.
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Once a week is a good . Any more than that and you will drive youself crazy. Our weight fluctuates day to day, hour to hour. Cindy :flowerforyou:
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I know that I shouldn't, but I weigh myself almost every day, especially when I go to the gym so i can use the same scale. It just helps keep me on track.
  • newbaby90908
    newbaby90908 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    The scale is evil :angry: - I go for once a week, but I try to keep track of my measurements more so because the scale can be deceiving.
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    LOL Amy! Our posts sound the same! I think we were even posting at the same time. Great minds think alike. :bigsmile: :laugh: :tongue:
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday. I've been told however, that is not very good. Works for me though. My official 'Weigh in day' is Thursday, and that's when I record my weight. First thing in the morning, naked, after bathroom, etc.
  • MommyWilson
    Options
    I'd like someone to hold me accountable each week. Do you want to be that person for me? Let's pick a day to report back to one another!:blushing:
  • destinyisyours
    Options
    Thanks!! I'm new to this site, so big HELLO's to all :flowerforyou: It seems like a great place to be. Very motivating. Need to loose my last 20 pounds since having a baby (a yr and 1/2 ago :embarassed: ) I am actually at my prepregnancy weight now, but should have been 20 pounds lighter at the time..... Good luck to you all, and thanks again for your help/advice...
    Jess
  • tayner
    tayner Posts: 372
    Options
    I just started, but my first weigh in day was last friday morning, so now I will go for every friday morning. I dont want to do it every day or two because I will get discouraged, especially at first, and I think if I wait a month like some I would be afraid I would be on a plateau for along time before noticing and being able to correct it.. so I think, at least at first, weekly will be a happy balance for me. ... i hope :)
  • destinyisyours
    Options
    Sounds good to me (MommyWilson)! You name the day and we're on.. Lol..
  • toddf67
    toddf67 Posts: 22
    Options
    I know I probably shouldn't do it, but I weigh myself almost everyday. I have a Weight Watchers digital scale that I use. I always weigh in the morning after using the bathroom. I more or less weigh that often just for the fun of it. It's been encouraging watching my numbers going down.

116133.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    Never
  • mstanley
    mstanley Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every Friday for my official weight. However, I am bad about stepping on the scale throughout the week to see if I've gone up or down. That's depressing, but it's hard to resist.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily and I know it isn't good. Sometimes it's up a pound for no reason and ittakes a day or two to go back down.

I only update my weight once a week on here though