HELP!

Options
How is it that i've gained 2 lbs!! The only time I went over my calorie intake was one day, and that wasn't be a lot!!! I don't get it ! :( I am drinking a TON of water, a LOT of veggies...and still gaining the weight??? HELP - need to find some encouragement, what is the point of even trying???

Replies

• morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    As you only have a little to lose maybe you need to eat more

Go to the tools section and figure out your BMI:

Generally someone with a BMI over 32 can do a 1000 calorie a day (2 lbs a week) deficit
    With a BMI of 30 to 32 a deficit of 750 calories is generally correct (about 1.5 lbs a week)
    With a BMI of 28 to 30 a deficit of 500 calories is about right (about 1 lb a week)
    With a BMI of 26 to 28 a deficit of about 300 calories is perfect (about 1/2 lb a week)
    and below 26... well this is where we get fuzzy. See now you're no longer talking about being overweight, so while it's still ok to have a small deficit, you really should shift your focus more towards muscle building, and reducing fat. This means it is EXTRA important to eat your exercise calories as your body needs to KNOW it's ok to burn fat stores, and the only way it will know is if you keep giving it the calories it needs to not enter the famine response (starvation mode).

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]
  • pammypk1
    pammypk1 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I feel ilke this when I am not losing, don't give up you will be so happy when you get to your goal and feel so much better to!
  • Fatbuster205
    Fatbuster205 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    This might seem strange but if you are drinking a lot of water you may be overdoing it and retaining some? Don't panic 2lbs is easily dealt with. Don't give up - if you have been doing this since March you have already achieved a lot and the fact you have posted this suggests you are not ready to quit!! Try increasing your exercise - that may help as well. But don't think you are failing - a minor blip is all!
  • Tams297
    Tams297 Posts: 15
    Options
    Don't worry - this happened to me when i first started trying to lose a bit of weight. I am not sure if it was because i built more muscle because i started working out when i had never really worked out before - but the weight started coming off after a while and although it's been a very slow process it has consistently come off since then. Please don't be discouraged and give up, it will happen. I found that i was weighing myself every day and would get really down if i gained. now i make sure i give a few days between weighing and try not to let it get me down if it shows a gain. usually it shows a loss overall every couple of weeks but i fluctuate a LOT day by day.
    I hope you continue with the good work you've been doing and eventually you will see a difference x
  • nic1976
    nic1976 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Don't get too discouraged...you are doing great just by being here!
    I have my weeks were my weight fluctuates & I really can't explain why. When I have weeks like that I think of how well I have done so far
    Don't stress about this...just put this behind you & keep going. You can do this...I just know it!