Beverage Challenge!

Options
Ok, I drink a lot of my calories by way of alcohol in the evenings after work. I have already cut out soda of all types and want to work on my wine/booze drinking now. I think I can cut an additional 200 calories a day by not having any after/during/before dinner drinks.

Does anyone else want to join me? It wouldn't have to be just alcohol, if you've been wanting to cut out coffee or soda then join in too!

I'm going to start it at a week and then see how long I can keep it up after that!

Replies

• chellchell78
    chellchell78 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I like my whiskey at night .. I've been wanting to do this to,,, So i'm in!
  • brendakoehler1
    Options
    I will join you. There was a study that if you don't drink for 35 days (7 weeks) generally you lose 15 lbs. The problem with my drinking is the food that I eat to sop it up. We CAN do this!!!
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    7 weeks isn't THAT long...and 15 pounds would be so worth it! If this works and I can stay motivated then I think that cutting out coffee will be next. Although I won't move TOO fast, one day at a time :)
  • 6Pk2Go
    6Pk2Go Posts: 105
    Options
    Count me in! Getting through the week-ends will certainly be a challenge for me.
  • FaugHorn
    Options
    Ok, Day 1 down! Woot :) I made it through the day with no soda and no alcohol...actually sorta harder than I had hoped it would be. My DH cracked open a bottle of red to go with dinner and I just fizzed myself a couple bottles of water and made it through :) How did everyone else do?
  • FaugHorn
    Options
    Two days down! My husband brought home wings last night so it was really hard not to go reaching for a beer to go with them but it'll be totally worth it in the end...right?
  • FaugHorn
    Options
    Awww...no one else is interacting :(

Well just made it through day 3 with no alcohol! I'm feeling good and gonna keep on trucking...well not right now, it's bed time!
  • J3Streeter
    J3Streeter Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Due to the fact that I'm running a half marathon on October 29th, I decided that I wasn't going to drink any alcohol for a month leading up to the race. So on September 28th I drank some beers, and have not had a drop of alcohol since. So for me it's been 14 days alcohol-free, and I do feel good about myself. I will admit, there have been times where I really craved a beer, especially when eating pizza or wings, or going out to dinner or meeting friends at a bar. So, I feel your pain. I feel as though I can see a little more definition in my abs and that makes it all worth it. Good Luck!!!
  • FaugHorn
    Options
    Thanks! I'm still going strong :) I believe that this is Day 5 without any alcohol and I've already lost around 3lbs!