AWESOME POSSUMS WK 2......10 Wks and 20lbs (CLOSED GROUP)

Options

Replies

• clarahackworth1999
    clarahackworth1999 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Well I'm still 195, I never lost anything! I will definitely have a loss next monday.... The weekends are so tough for me! I list the weight once before and I will do it again! My eating was better than usual and I did exercise. I'm doing extremely well so far this week it just takes me a couple weeks to totally break my bad habits!
  • aliking6
    Options
    I feel like I have gotten a REALLY slow and bad start to this week. All I can do is start fresh and and not the past days put me down! I am so going to lose again this week :) Hope everything is going well for everyone!! :)
  • meglomaniac87
    Options
    Weigh in for this week (sorry it's late): 274.4

Sooo busy with work (50 hr this week). Therefore, not able to do the exercises every day. I'm still planning/hoping to catch up when I have a lighter schedule. And we also lost Internet so not able to update every day.

On the bright side, I'm losing weight like crazy. I've just cut out soda (well, I have had a diet drink or 2), and kept calories low. Maybe I'm burning more at work than I thought?
  • Twins2007
    Twins2007 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

Was all ready and set to go to Bikram Yoga today...But didn't make it on time from dropping the twins at preschool...It's ok though because this week I am really paying attention to what I am eating and although MFP advises to eat ALL your exercise calories back, I think this has been a problem for me ever since I hit my plateau in June.
    Back on the elliptical Sunday and am pretty confident I will have a loss maybe not by this Monday coming but the next!
    You ladies all rock!
    Keep up the great work :)
    E xo
  • Strongmamaof5
    Options
    I went for a 5 mile walk with the twins, did the 30 push ups from yesterday, 80 squats some with weights, 30 lunges each leg and 70 crunches some with wieghts
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    Wait a minute... Two of you in this group have twins!!! I am so jealous, I always wanted twins! I have 4 kids now and got my tubes tied so no chance now but wow... that would be so much fun!

I've been slacking... Haven't done much for exercise yet this week. I'm on it though. I'll check back soon :smile:
  • bigchid88
    Options
    I dd 30DS and was able to run 2 miles today!!! I also did a quarter mile warm up and cool down. I think i could have gone another quarter mile but was running late for class lol I will walk the other mile tomorrow morning.

I have a question: I just started grad school and have been going to many social events. Theses events are not only social gatherings but also involve food(mainly junk food) and drinks =/ I avoided an event yesterday because I didn't want to be around the food, but I dont want to NOT hang out with these people its just that I can't really handle being around the food. Does anyone have tips for how I can better handle these situations?
  • joi1407
    joi1407 Posts: 79
    Options
    Tuesday- 30 Pushups CHECK (Wed morning)
    Wednesday- 80 Squats/30 lunges each leg CHECK
    Thursday- Jog 3 to 4 miles - FAIL, will try and do today (Fri)
    Friday- 8 pull ups, 40 pushups - CHECK (10 reverse push ups instead of pull ups)
    Saturday- 50 jumping jacks, 20 burpees, 40 squats
    Sunday- Jog/walk 4 miles

Daily exercise:
    Tue - FAIL
    Wed - 30DS L1
    Thu - 30DS L2
    Fri - 30DS L1
    Sat
    Sun

Have a good weekend everyone
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    If you have hand weights, you could do shoulder presses... they work the same muscles.
    Im not at the fitness level to jog 3/4 miles but I will aim for 2 and walk the rest. Also I dont have a pull up bar so I will find an exercise to replace that move.
  • mandypizzle
    Options
    That is so hard for me too! How often do you go to them? If it's once a week or less, I don't think it's a big deal to indulge a little. But if it's more often, I would really limit how many I go to until I have good control over what I'm eating. And make sure you are logging everything you eat. That helps me to not eat so much knowing I will have to log it.
    I dd 30DS and was able to run 2 miles today!!! I also did a quarter mile warm up and cool down. I think i could have gone another quarter mile but was running late for class lol I will walk the other mile tomorrow morning.

I have a question: I just started grad school and have been going to many social events. Theses events are not only social gatherings but also involve food(mainly junk food) and drinks =/ I avoided an event yesterday because I didn't want to be around the food, but I dont want to NOT hang out with these people its just that I can't really handle being around the food. Does anyone have tips for how I can better handle these situations?
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    That is so hard for me too! How often do you go to them? If it's once a week or less, I don't think it's a big deal to indulge a little. But if it's more often, I would really limit how many I go to until I have good control over what I'm eating. And make sure you are logging everything you eat. That helps me to not eat so much knowing I will have to log it.

I'd eat before I go and stick to the fruit/veggie tray if i decide to snack. If they don't provide it maybe you could bring one to share.
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    K, I did my push-ups, squats, and lunges yesterday. Did about 2.5ish miles wednesday and will do today's exercises a little later. Going camping tonight for the weekend so hopefully I can fit in the rest of these challenges. Have a good weekend everyone.
  • Twins2007
    Options
    Rough morning over here but turned it around...Had such a sweet tooth all day!!

Went to Bikram Yoga tonight after a long time...And it felt amazing :)

Have a great week-end Ladies!

E xo
  • mandypizzle
    Options
    Ran/walk/jog 3 miles in 39 min (yesterday's challenge), stretch 2 min, 40 push ups (girl kind:), 8 assisted pull ups. DONE!
  • joi1407
    joi1407 Posts: 79
    Options
    Hey everyone,
    hope you had a good week and weekend.
    I have a real reluctance to counting these days. i know my week wasnt perfect, but basically I can't be bothered on the weekend to record all my foods. I know i'm not terribly over my limit, as I have overcome my biggest problem: sweets. I hardly eat any now, and if not the huge amounts i ate before. And I also have measured most of my regular meals and snacks, so I know how much I can afford to eat.
    Any advice/thoughts on how to get motivated to count or do you also have days where you don't count and you're fine about it?

Thanks and happy weigh in tomorrow.

Below my achievements (and not) for the week.

Tuesday- 30 Pushups CHECK (Wed morning)
    Wednesday- 80 Squats/30 lunges each leg CHECK
    Thursday- Jog 3 to 4 miles - FAIL, will try and do today (Fri)
    Friday- 8 pull ups, 40 pushups - CHECK (10 reverse push ups instead of pull ups)
    Saturday- 50 jumping jacks, 20 burpees, 40 squats - CHECK on Sun
    Sunday- Jog/walk 4 miles - Cycled 8miles

Daily exercise:
    Tue - FAIL
    Wed - 30DS L1
    Thu - 30DS L2
    Fri - 30DS L1
    Sat - FAIL (Migraine)
    Sun - 8 mile cycle
  • bigchid88
    Options
    I've completed almost all of the challenges this week(cant go on a run today so will add that to tomorrow's workout) but I ended up binge eating this weekend. I'm not really sure why it happened and I'm hoping today I wont succumb to it again. I know tomorrow's weigh in wont be great but I am hoping that it will motivate me to try harder rather than to give up =/
  • mandypizzle
    Options
    I am really hoping to do yesterday and today's challenges today but I'm not sure if I will be able to! I just got home and I have to work for someone tonight and dinner at my moms in a bit. If not, I am going to add them to tomorrow's challenge because I really really don't want to skip any! I ate horrible this weekend though and had wayyyyy too much to drink last night. :/ Probably a ton of calories!
  • Twins2007
    Options
    Week-end was a disaster....
    Too many calories from too much food and alcohol and didn't workout...
    Here's hoping for a better week 3!
    Got to STOP obsessing about the end and really FOCUS on one day at a time...
    Have a good Sunday night and great Monday Ladies :)
    E xo
  • Twins2007
    Options
    First weigh-in...of the week ;)

187...Lost one pound from last week...

Back on the elliptical today after one week off, hopefully the plateau from HELL will be broken this week!

Have a great week Ladies :)

E xo
  • bigchid88
    Options
    I'm up 3 pounds(225) this week but I know what i did and what I will do this week to make a change. I'm gonna take it one day and one meal at a time.