Replies

• nikkishai
    nikkishai Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    God bless you
  • bmccrory2
    bmccrory2 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I too fought back tears reading this.. Congratulations on putting one foot in front of the other each day during a time of such sadness. You look absolutely amazing!!!!
  • W0zzie
    W0zzie Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    @bmccrory2 - ditto
    Speechless - you are inspirational!
  • Jomalone2
    Jomalone2 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Of course you are tough.... you're a Mississippi girl! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Diane80lb
    Options
    WOW!!! You are STUNNING!!!!!!!!
    I'm only 24 with a little over -80 lbs to lose total (now at -17), and you are such an inspiration, AND HOT! You go girl!!! ;)
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    I can so sympathize with your story. I didn't have all the physical injuries like you did. But my life fell apart a little over a year ago. After struggling with infertility, my minister husband and I adopted two kids through foster care. After we moved to another state, our marriage started going downhill. I couldn't put my finger on what it was, but even the kids weren't happy. My husband started being very insulting to me, saying demeaning things. I'd try to diet to lose some weight, and he'd bring me milkshakes and get mad when I wouldn't eat them. I didn't know what to do. I wanted out so badly, but when your husband is a minister, there is a tremendous amount of pressure to keep your marriage together. I often prayed he would do SOMETHING to give me an excuse to leave him or that he would get hit by a bus! Then one night, my daughter told me that he had been sexually abusing her. At first, I couldn't comprehend it. I reported it to authorities as required. I knew it gave me an excuse, but I was praying it wasn't true for her sake. The police picked him up, and within 15 minutes of getting him into interrogation, he confessed to EVERYTHING. I felt anger, hurt, grief, but also relief...I had my out. Anybody who thought I should stay with him after that had to be completely insane. He got out of jail on bond and was required to stay at his parents' home and have NO contact with me, the kids, or my family. I filed for divorce and moved to SC to be near my parents and sister in January. In March, he got word that his trial date was set, so while his parents were gone, he went into their basement and hung himself. His parents blame me, saying that if I hadn't filed for divorce he wouldn't have killed himself, my daughter's a liar, blah, blah, blah. I know I did the right thing, so I just have no contact with them. They can think what they like of me...I don't care. I can sleep at night knowing I did what I had to do to protect my kids. Now I'm working on taking care of myself by using MFP, eating right, and exercising (I even joined a gym!).

To the OP: I look back now and, in hindsight, I can see that there were warning signs that my husband was getting too close to my daughter and had a very weird relationship with her. I never thought he'd actually go as far as he did, though. So I know how you feel looking back and thinking, "Why didn't I see it?" But, like you, I've realized I can't change the past; all I can do is move forward to the best of my ability. Your story and pictures inspire me! Thank you for sharing your story. I share mine for the same reason...I hope I can inspire someone to realize that no matter what life is throwing at you, you CAN survive it and come out better for it!
  • StrengthIsBeautiful
    StrengthIsBeautiful Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Woman- YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • getfit009
    getfit009 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! You are such a beautiful person on the inside and the outside. What an inspiration!!!!
  • finabella
    finabella Posts: 176
    Options
    You are looking wonderful and as they say the best revenge is living well.
  • a1rose
    a1rose Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! So much younger!
  • budgetqueen79
    budgetqueen79 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    (((HUGS))) You have an amazing story!!
  • cmDaffy
    cmDaffy Posts: 6,991 Member
    Options
    You are strong, and you ARE beautiful, and your "no good for nothin" ex is a dumbass!
  • pammye65
    pammye65 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    It has taken me sometime to able to tell my story because it is full of pain....something I never dreamed I would go through. It is crazy how in a year your world can turn upside down,but I have decided if my story can help someone else it is worth it. hen my life started to change if others looked at it they would say the perfect story book life. A husband of 26 years that was the love of my life,Three beautiful children and grandchildren,The big fine home,New car....southern Living magazine is the best way to explain it.Then in a year it all changed. It started with the death of my mom that was my best friend .Not only her death,but me being there when it was happening and watching it.hen something like this happens you need the ones you love and I should have known something was wrong when I called my husband and he couldn't come be with .I guess I was not wanting to see the truth. I went back to my home still totally broken and living a depressing live.Mothersday was very hard,but my husband,daughter and i decided to go eat out. Of course being a holiday we had a long wait so we decided to go to a sports store and look around.Little did I know this would once again change my life. As we were walking through the store they had these huge cutting boards like you use for cutting Deer(6x4) set up in the middle isle.As I walked by they started to fall.Three of them feel and crushed my right ankle.Here I sit with blood running down my ankle and can't walk. I ended up on crutches. A few months later i had a son getting married in Texas and I knew no matter what I had to be there. YEP you guessed it..the husband just couldn't go. The day of my sons wedding as we were on the way I was in a head on collision. Here I lay in a hospital A crushed ankle and now a car wreck. I called home again and falling apart i needed the man in my life,BUT he just couldn't get away. hat do I do? How do I get home? I feel so helpless.Needless to say I made it home alone with no help from anyone.I knew God made me a tough woman,but I sure didn't know I had this strength. Now im sitting at home so bruised up and that i can hardly use my crutches....Just lock myself up right? No not hard headed me I had to get out....we had rode out to my daughters to visit just to get out,but when we returned it was dark I didn't know that my husband had propped a ten pound weight under the carport. As I walk by it falls on my toe and crushes the end off......blood going every where and my toe barley holding on I head to the ER once again.they sew my toe back on,but the pain was horrible. Now I have a crushed ankle,beat up and bruised up from the wreck and a toe crushed on the other foot.I really thought just let me die. I can't do anything...im now in a wheel chair and on pain medication.i started to gain weight and gain more weight.I can't really move much at all so what could I do? It couldn't get worse could it? You darn right it did....not long after this maybe a few months I started to bleed?OMG what can be wrong now? Once again I went to see my doctor....I bleed eleven weeks before they decided I needed a complete hysterectomy.God please not surgery...I knew at this point I had all I could take.I would be layed up in bed and recovering for eight long weeks.Laying in bed gaining more weight.If I hadn't been depressed enough it had really set in now for sure. I tried so hard to pick myself up and move on with my life. It had to get better....NOT....just three months after my recovery my husband of 27 years kisses me good bye one morning and walks out that night never to return.I found out he had been cheating for sometime.I felt I had lost everything in my life and had no reason to live.
    2r38t5g.jpg
    30tnapx.jpg
    8jex.jpg
    2n68ph.jpg
    alg09k.jpg
    2yvucs7.jpg
    After a few months of wanting to die I decided to live!!!!!! I looked in the mirror and ask who are you? I searched deep inside and remembered who I was and what I loved to do before I met my husband. I loved to hike,dance,workout and that is just what I did. I joined a gym ,started to eat right and LIVE again. Oh it wasn't easy...the court dates are still going on after 16 months.My ankle and toe both still hurt when I walk,run and exercise BUT I will and have not gave up. Im living again in away I never have. I LOVE me now and continue to grow each day. I know one day God will send me that special man to enjoy my life with,but while I wait I am thankful for the chance for a second life.
    2u5uc92.jpg
    25a6lfr.jpg
    b8aixt.jpg
    2nkqh3s.jpg
    I have lost about ten more pounds since this photo...it is time for a photo shoot....
    I know if I can do this anyone can....I would love to be here for you and hope more story gives you hope.

I am so proud of you for moving forward and working hard to overcome your challenges. :flowerforyou:
    wonderful pics! inspirational story!
  • 3ur3ka
    3ur3ka Posts: 230
    Options
    You look absolutely STUNNING! What does not kill us makes us stronger, and you are proof of that! Congratulations!
  • mshoney76
    Options
    Hello I do like add friend with u :)
  • amandaraecook
    Options
    Wow, you have been through so much and accomplished so much at the same time. You are an admirable strong woman and I hope to say the same for myself someday. It is great to know you are finally happy.
  • Fitdiva83
    Fitdiva83 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    A true testimony ! Life gave you lemons not only did you make lemonade, you threw the leftover lemons in lifes face too !!
    I truly needed this ..thanks for sharing..you look great !
  • Lesley2800
    Options
    What an amazingly strong and wonderful woman you are!!! I am so sorry you had to go through so much heartbreak, but in the end, it has made you an awesome person. What doesn't kill us only makes us stronger. I have also lost my mom and also my dad and losing a parent is so devastating and you had so much more going on. Kudos you you!!!!!!
  • FAVOLOSOMII
    FAVOLOSOMII Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    WOW! Talk about turning your scars into stars... Thank you for sharing! I found inspiration in it and I'm sure others will too!
  • JellyPrz619
    Options
    woOooww!! youre amazing! You are beautiful!! very inspiring =))
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!