CRYSTAL LIGHT

Options
Can anyone tell me if you use crystal light does it take away the benifits of drinking just water:happy:

Replies

• TexasNurseMom78
    TexasNurseMom78 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I dont know. But I drink it all the tiem and count it as my water. I know that will probably start a war on here, sorry.....
  • Timeforme714
    Timeforme714 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I drink the Crystal Light Pure - the ones sweetened with Stevia - and I don't notice any kind of problems. I just add them to my diary to keep track of the sodium.
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    If you search the internetz hard enough, you'll find evidence to support both sides of this argument. I only count plain water as my water intake.
  • sarahkova
    sarahkova Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I drink 1 24 ounce bottle of water then I put 8 ounces of crystal lite in teh bottle and fill it the rest of the way up with water and repeat...so I drink 16 ounces of it a day. much better then soda and definitely helps get in the water. and For what it is worth my Dr is the one that suggested it to help me get the water in. so if people want to argue it ask your dr they will tell you :)
  • WBish3
    WBish3 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Water is water. Any water you get is better than no water.
    And the 64oz of water a day rule includes the water that is contained in foods you eat. The original study, from years ago, even included that info but nobody ever states that fact.
  • sarahkova
    sarahkova Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I drink 1 24 ounce bottle of water then I put 8 ounces of crystal lite in teh bottle and fill it the rest of the way up with water and repeat...so I drink 16 ounces of it a day. much better then soda and definitely helps get in the water. and For what it is worth my Dr is the one that suggested it to help me get the water in. so if people want to argue it ask your dr they will tell you :)
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    It's fine.
  • kimiel51
    kimiel51 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I want to try the new margarita flavor! (probably with some tequila) LOL!
  • rmsrws
    rmsrws Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I was told by my Doctor, and Dietician that decaf tea, coffee, crystal light, are considered fluid for water intake! Now I know several will disagree with that. That is your option! I am just answering a question, with what advice my medical team told me!
  • chrissym78
    chrissym78 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    If it's the only way you can get water in, by all means use it! Mio is good too :)
  • FitnessDivaK
    Options
    I know that some people count it as water, but personally I do not. I only count plain water as water. My reasoning is that CL and other drink mixes and teas have other enzymes, vitamins, etc and if you calculate it as plain water you're not getting an accurate accounting for the other particles you're taking in. Maybe I'm just anal, but to me water is water and anything you add to it should be accounted for separately.
  • MsRobin_TheSequel
    MsRobin_TheSequel Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Using Crystal Light's Green Tea Peach Mango is the ONLY way I can drink as much water as I do (128oz+/day).

I count the packet (5cal) and I count the water.

But I use 2x the amount of h2o as the mix recommends.
  • LynneGG
    LynneGG Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    From a previous post

"Water is water. Any water you get is better than no water.
    And the 64oz of water a day rule includes the water that is contained in foods you eat. The original study, from years ago, even included that info but nobody ever states that fact"

Thanks for the post....I so agree with you.
  • pickwicken
    pickwicken Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    i could be wrong, But I just add five cals to my to my log. then run 10 min for every 20oz.
  • ScarletFyre
    ScarletFyre Posts: 754 Member
    Options

oh! hadn't heard of that one!!! now THAT will get me to drink my water!!!!!!! :drinker:
  • Beth720
    Beth720 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I don't do Crystal Light, but on runs I use nuun hydration tabs (similar, but without sugar). I log the tablets under "snack" but I also count the ounces as water.
  • dfborders
    dfborders Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I would always count the water I drink with it as water but I would count the packets in the diary portion so you can log calories especially if you have a tendency to eat all of your calories in a day - then 2 packets could put you over by 10 cals.
  • tattooedtwiin
    Options

They have a mojito flavor too, it's not as good as the real thing but hey, it gets the water in :drinker:
  • pitbullmama
    pitbullmama Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I mix 1 single to 2 litres of water. Just enough to add flavour. Keeps me drinking all day long.