Advice needed

Options
I would like some advice on what I could do to lose weight better. My diary is open. I would also like some ideas for good fat burn workouts. I am on the treadmill quite often and use wii fit plus mostly .

Replies

• jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Just a quick glance at your diary, you should track sodium, I see a lot of TV dinners and processed foods.
  • LJGmom
    LJGmom Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Zumba. It burns a lot of calories, and is So much fun! I agree with the sodium thing too. You'll feel so much better too.
  • pinksoldier
    Options
    Do interval training on the treadmill. Not sure what your fitness levels are at currently, but say walk at 3.5 for 3 min, then run at maybe a 5 for 1 min. If you are more advanced, up the intervals. That is what I do to get a power burn!
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I would like some advice on what I could do to lose weight better. My diary is open. I would also like some ideas for good fat burn workouts. I am on the treadmill quite often and use wii fit plus mostly .

How much have you lost so far and over what period of time?
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    More fresh veggies. Watch processed foods. Less red meats. Just my opinion. :drinker:
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Just a quick glance at your diary, you should track sodium, I see a lot of TV dinners and processed foods.
    I agree with this...you're probably getting too much sodium. Also..drink more water!

For a quick higer-cal burn...I LOVE the stepper at the gym...burns so much more than treadmill.
  • shickam062604
    shickam062604 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I started at end of July/ beg of August and have lost 20 lbs.
  • Sidesteal
    Options

I would not change a thing (at least, not for weight loss reasons), congrats on your progress.

If you believe you have stalled out then you should examine diet/triaining. If you are still making progress I think you're at a fine pace and you should just stick to it. Slow and steady wins the race and so far you're doing a great job. Do not look to go too fast and risk failure.

EDIT: If you are referring to August of 2011.
  • shickam062604
    Options

I would not change a thing (at least, not for weight loss reasons), congrats on your progress.

If you believe you have stalled out then you should examine diet/triaining. If you are still making progress I think you're at a fine pace and you should just stick to it. Slow and steady wins the race and so far you're doing a great job. Do not look to go too fast and risk failure.

EDIT: If you are referring to August of 2011.

Yes July/aug of this year. Thanks for your help. I am starting a no junk food challenge today and hope it helps in my weight loss/develops healthier eating all together. Do you think I should be eating more net cals.?
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    the best thing that I ever did was to start lifting weights. I was terrified of this in the beginning. I believed every myth out there about them (bulky etc) but now I can't imagine moving forward without this component. I didn't have a lot of money, so I use gallon milk containers. I gallon filled to the top is about 9#..

Best of luck! You are really doing great!!!!

D
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    1. Try to wean yourself off of fast food.

2. Stop tracking cholesterol (it's useless) and add sodium in its place.

3. There are days when you don't net enough. You already have your goal at a low 1200. Eat back those exercise calories! Leaving a several hundred calorie deficit on a regular basis is not a good idea.
  • shickam062604
    Options
    the best thing that I ever did was to start lifting weights. I was terrified of this in the beginning. I believed every myth out there about them (bulky etc) but now I can't imagine moving forward without this component. I didn't have a lot of money, so I use gallon milk containers. I gallon filled to the top is about 9#..

Best of luck! You are really doing great!!!!

D
    I do lift some weights but not regularly. I am going to try and start. :)
  • shickam062604
    Options

3. There are days when you don't net enough. You already have your goal at a low 1200. Eat back those exercise calories! Leaving a several hundred calorie deficit on a regular basis is not a good idea.
    I am still quite confused about whether or not to eat them. I think I will try eating some back, so I net 1200. Then if I burn more it will help even more, right?
  • Sidesteal
    Options
    Yes July/aug of this year. Thanks for your help. I am starting a no junk food challenge today and hope it helps in my weight loss/develops healthier eating all together. Do you think I should be eating more net cals.?

I actually don't have a complete grasp on how MFP estimates intake targets so I can't accurately recommend whether or not you should eat more. I will maintain that you shouldn't eat LESS than you are based on your progress so far.

I used Katsch-McArdle to estimate my maintenance, but this estimate includes my exercise, so I don't eat back exercise calories. It appears that MFP uses a different tool for creating maintenance estimates -- as such, I don't think I can accurately comment.
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    since you're losing more than 2 pounds/week, you are doing great. our bodies go through cycles and adjustment periods...just keep on living a healthy lifestyle and you will achieve your goals in time. enjoy the journey.

also, since you asked about fat loss workouts, you might want to review ideas on my blog:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/hmalin1/view/short-and-efficient-work-out-ideas-156906
  • duckieresolved
    duckieresolved Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I was just wondering - do you eat all of your food at three meals, or do you have small snacks between meals? You can have trouble with losing weight if your blood sugars are spiking. That's why most "diets" recommend that you eat 5-6 small meals per day. It keeps your blood sugar more regular and avoids those spikes that send your body into recovery overdrive.

Just my two cents. :)
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options

I am still quite confused about whether or not to eat them. I think I will try eating some back, so I net 1200. Then if I burn more it will help even more, right?

I don't quite know what you mean by your question, but yes -- keep an eye on your net.