I never thought I'd see the say...what about you??

Options
OOPS...I meant..I Never Thought I'd See The DAY!! I was so excited I wrote it wrong...LOL

WITHOUT even thinking......I am going into the fridge to grab a bottle of water to drink with breakfast, lunch or dinner. I didn't even realize I was doing it until my husband mentioned it to me. You don't understand.....I am not a fan of water..but apparently (deep down) I must know its good for me.
I don't even know the last time I drank soda.

Shh...don't tell anyone, but I even went to a Mexican restaurant the other night and only had WATER...WHAT????????????????? Apparenlty I'm a water addict!!:noway:

What are you doing,eating or drinking now that you NEVER thought you would??????

Replies

• nikii14
    nikii14 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    OOPS...I meant..I Never Thought I'd See The DAY!! I was so excited I wrote it wrong...LOL

WITHOUT even thinking......I am going into the fridge to grab a bottle of water to drink with breakfast, lunch or dinner. I didn't even realize I was doing it until my husband mentioned it to me. You don't understand.....I am not a fan of water..but apparently (deep down) I must know its good for me.
    I don't even know the last time I drank soda.

Shh...don't tell anyone, but I even went to a Mexican restaurant the other night and only had WATER...WHAT????????????????? Apparenlty I'm a water addict!!:noway:

What are you doing,eating or drinking now that you NEVER thought you would??????
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    YAY!!!

I too am an H2O convert. I can't even stand to drink a soda now. :drinker: :drinker:
  • jowily
    jowily Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I'm like you - I craved diet coke - would drink it all the time - large 32oz sizes at a time. Was having "tummy" aches - went to the doctor - she said I am dehydrated and things stopped moving...how could that be will all the coke I was drinking. Well - I learned about the effect of caffeine that day!

Anyway - I started drinking water - which I would never drink before. Now, I literally crave it - have to have it...can't believe it tastes so good as it goes down (and it doesn't taste like anything!) It's the best tasting non-flavored item I've ever had...and I can't wait to drink it.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Water. I used to hardly ever drink water but now I try to drink at least 8 glasses of water a day. I hardly ever drink pop any more either. Good for us! :happy:
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    I drink so much water I could pee and flood the place......:flowerforyou:
  • nikii14
    Options
    I drink so much water I could pee and flood the place......:flowerforyou:

That's the one downfall. i wake up EVERY NIGHT to pee. UGH!!! :ohwell:
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I've been a water drinker for a long time now, but I never thought I could drink coffee or tea without sweetener in it. I've been drinking both unsweetened for a couple of months now. The other day I thought, you know I want my tea sweet - so I put 1 pack of Splenda in it and almost gagged! It was SOOO sweet - and I used to do that all the time. I've pretty much kicked the Splenda habit now, and I never thought I would be able to. Yay for new habits! :drinker:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    I've been a water drinker for a long time now, but I never thought I could drink coffee or tea without sweetener in it. I've been drinking both unsweetened for a couple of months now. The other day I thought, you know I want my tea sweet - so I put 1 pack of Splenda in it and almost gagged! It was SOOO sweet - and I used to do that all the time. I've pretty much kicked the Splenda habit now, and I never thought I would be able to. Yay for new habits! :drinker:

that is fantastic...I hope more read this...it is amazing how crappy crap tastes when we quit eating crap
  • jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    ya i have been drinking more water also, i am somewhat of a bad girl cause i still flavor it, sometimes i will just put a lemon or a lime in my water bottle that's:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: not to bad.
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    I've been a water drinker for a long time -
    my surprise addiction is cauliflower!
    I love it mashed with some FF sour cream & grated cheese!
    :love:
    yum!
  • ktthegr8
    ktthegr8 Posts: 479
    Options
    It's more of a not eating.... I never thought I'd see the day that I didn't crave a double cheeseburger and fries. I haven't had fast food in 3 and a half months and I think if I ate it now it would make me sick.
  • Etta
    Etta Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I like to put a slice of cucumber in my water. It tastes so refreshing!

126046.png
  • kfeuvrel
    kfeuvrel Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I firmly believe that drinking the water has eliminated most of my "bad food" cravings. I don't crave crunchy, salty, greasy things, or sweet things all that much either. And that has NEVER happened before. And it's easy to compare myself with my coworkers, who are still having (and caving in to) those cravings. It makes it easier to stay away...

but coffee, oh how I have missed coffee this week. I'm hoping by next Monday, the coffee craving will be less too.
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    i don't crave chocolate or any other sweet thing anymore. this is a big deal for me because before starting mfp, 2/3 of my diet would come from refined sugars.
  • nikii14
    Options
    I like to put a slice of cucumber in my water. It tastes so refreshing!

126046.png

That sounds good. I'll have to try it!!
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I had to go to the store last night because I wouldn't have celery to snack on at work today! That was really all I needed (but of course got more than just that.)
  • mammakisses
    mammakisses Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    When I went on a diet before my wedding I got really bored with eating my salad. But this time I don't get bored, I have it almost daily. It's probably because I try to change it up once in a while.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Woooo!! That is great! Means you are living a healthier lifestyle!

I drink a ton of water and rarely drink anything else. Once in a blue moon, I will have a soda and it usually doesn't taste very good to me. I mean, I can always do a root beer!! :laugh: But it's too sweet too!

It really is amazing how you have a wake-up call and realize how much better your body functions with the good stuff you put into it! :flowerforyou:
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I've been a water drinker for a long time -
    my surprise addiction is cauliflower!
    I love it mashed with some FF sour cream & grated cheese!
    :love:
    yum!

Oh my word, that sounds divine!!!! :love:
  • xbonbonx
    xbonbonx Posts: 170
    Options
    I had a similar experience about a year ago. I hated drinking water, even purified water... so I started using the little flavor packets... and after a few months of that, I got tired of it cause it kinda tastes funny after a while... so I started drinking plain water (still purified though- tap water is :sick: ) and actually preferred it that way. althought I didn't start preferring/drinking water over everything else.