HRM Frustration...help!

Options
I have the Polar F4...although I don't think this really matter, but maybe it does.

Lately, it has been giving me fits. I start my workout with it snug....yet once I get a good sweat going it starts reading my HR in 200+ which I know is way off. When I feel it to see how it's laying, it's loose. I've washed it. I've also put a new battery in my transmitter. It seems to work normal when I'm just sitting in it, so it's clearly when I'm sweating. I don't know how to keep it snug!

Any suggestions???

Replies

• Malloryrae1211
    Malloryrae1211 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    maybe try taping it? I have the same one and haven't had any issues. I also make sure it's under my bra so the bra helps keep it in place. Hope this helps!
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    You probably need a new chest strap if it's not staying tight enough anymore. You can purchase them separately. I had to purchase a new one when I lost some weight because the medium was too loose for me as well.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I don't know if they're compatible with the Polar, but I have seen sports bras with slots you can thread the strap through to keep it in place. Perhaps you could sew some loops onto your bra?
  • deanadimples
    deanadimples Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    It's already under my bra so I don't think that's it.

It's not that old, maybe 3-4 months? Would I really need a new strap by now? Maybe next time I'll just go super tight and see what happens. If it's gets loose I must need a new strap. But I would think they would last more than 4 months!
  • shaj316
    shaj316 Posts: 161
    Options
    First, the elasticity might just be gone and you should just order a replacement strap. I noticed amazon sells them (I have an FT7 so not sure if its the same strap). I also noticed that they sell a Polar sports bra with the little plug points for a transmitter. Maybe that will work out better for you?
  • deanadimples
    Options
    I looked into the Polar bra...unfortunately, I didn't see anything that would fit my girls. I guess I will just order a couple of straps to keep on hand.
  • Codefox
    Codefox Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I have a polar HRM and I have had the strap for over 18 months now so you shouldn't need a new one already. Have you taken your pulse when you've seen that HR show up? You didn't say why you knew that that was wrong. My maxHR is 209 so its feasible 8)
  • deanadimples
    Options
    I have a polar HRM and I have had the strap for over 18 months now so you shouldn't need a new one already. Have you taken your pulse when you've seen that HR show up? You didn't say why you knew that that was wrong. My maxHR is 209 so its feasible 8)

I know I wasn't 200+...I can run 5.0 on my treadmill comfortably and hit maybe 160. Today when it went up I was working less than that. It has hit 200+ on my treadmill too, but I took it manually and was closer to my norm...150.

I went to Amazon and one person rated the strap saying that she had to replace hers every couple of months. I have room to tighten it even more, so I'm going to try that tomorrow.