I am such a loser

Options
And I don't mean weight. I do not try hard enough. I have a lovely woman, Beth, and she will never be happy with me. At least until I have lost 20lbs, maybe more!

Replies

• idrewacat
    idrewacat Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    That's depressing. Perhaps you should evaluate how "lovely" she really is if she's really completely unable to be happy over 20lbs. I'm legitimately worried about you. That is NOT how a healthy relationship works.

but anyway, it's only 20 pounds! You can lose that easy peasy if you get optimistic :)
  • alung2k3
    alung2k3 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Use it as motivation buddy! Get your iPod out and fill it with power/inspiring music and kickass and take names!
  • duckieresolved
    duckieresolved Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    If your partner is not supporting you regardless of what you look like, or how much you weigh - then they are not a good partner. I wish you luck. Use this as motivation, but try not to be so down on yourself.
  • rachelleahsmom
    rachelleahsmom Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    That's depressing. Perhaps you should evaluate how "lovely" she really is if she's really completely unable to be happy over 20lbs. I'm legitimately worried about you. That is NOT how a healthy relationship works.

but anyway, it's only 20 pounds! You can lose that easy peasy if you get optimistic :)

This! If my self worth were dependent on being the size that I am sure my husband wishes, I would be in bad shape emotionally. Thankfully, he never says a word and values me for my brilliant mind :smile: , my super personality, and my ability to be the most awesome mother to his children. Now you need a bit of self "I am awesome" talk, too!

And yes, 20 pounds is totally doable and when it's done, let us know how many women are beating a path to your door. You can do it
  • kgmboatnh
    Options
    No, no you have got it all wrong. She is the most wonderful woman in the world. So young and beautiful, I would do anything to please her. I am a prisoner and she holds the key!
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    No, no you have got it all wrong. She is the most wonderful woman in the world. So young and beautiful, I would do anything to please her. I am a prisoner and she holds the key!

Sounds like you have a lot more issues then just being 20 pounds overweight. It's time for a life/relationship/ attitude evaluation. And a mature woman wants a strong confident man...not someone she can lead around by the nose. Man up.
  • TooFatToFit
    TooFatToFit Posts: 285 Member
    Options

See, that's what doesn't sound healthy. If she is into you, she would be into you whether you lost 20 pounds or not. Period. If YOU want to lose weight and get healthier...GO FOR IT. Don't do it for someone who can't love you for who you are.
  • idrewacat
    idrewacat Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Maybe I had this all wrong. Maybe this is one of those alternative lifestyles where he likes having someone else in control of his life? Dom/sub or Master/slave?
  • KettyLan
    KettyLan Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Seems like your 20 pounds overvweight is affecting your selfesteem!!! Before you make someone happy you go to love yourself first.... I'm sure she loves you, but you need to change your attitude and mental state.... Stop thinking that you are a loser!!!
  • TooFatToFit
    Options
    Maybe I had this all wrong. Maybe this is one of those alternative lifestyles where he likes having someone else in control of his life? Dom/sub or Master/slave?

:huh: There are other message boards for that, then. :laugh: I don't think that kind of thread would last very long around here.
  • lizziebeth1028
    Options
    Seems like your 20 pounds overvweight is affecting your selfesteem!!! Before you make someone happy you go to love yourself first.... I'm sure she loves you, but you need to change your attitude and mental state.... Stop thinking that you are a loser!!!

Amen! Well said.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Lose 20 for you, not for her.
  • Riara11
    Riara11 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Just remember, happiness comes from the inside. Being comfortable in your own body is an achievement in itself - regrdeless of whether or not it makes somebody else happy
  • lizziebeth1028
    Options
    And please stop with the pity party, it's not only immature but very unmanly.
  • choconuts
    choconuts Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    And please stop with the pity party, it's not only immature but very unmanly.

No kidding.
  • ctalimenti
    ctalimenti Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    FAKE!!!!
  • TooFatToFit
    Options
    FAKE!!!!

I think it smells a bit like troll in here, as well.