New to dieting!! Looking for healthy snacks

Options
I am new to dieting...always been fairly thin never over 150 and one day found my self at 180. Trying to get back to 140-150 range but my biggest weakness is snacking. I always find myself hungry between meals. Any suggestions? Snacks or weight loss tips...open too anything!!

Replies

• daves160
    daves160 Posts: 600
    Options
    Please take a look at my blog. There a lot of good ideas there. High protein, antioxidents, healthy
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Definitely log all of your calories and and every day via MFP. I usually take something portable...apples, oranges, granola bars.

Go to Settings > Diary Settings > Diary Sharing and open your diary to Public. You can get tips from other diaries as well.

You can get there. Take a look at the Success Stories when you have time...amazing!
  • gaylelynnbell
    gaylelynnbell Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    My favorite TV watching snack is popcorn. I buy the 100 calorie bags so I know when to stop.
  • jlucei7
    Options
    Eat more fiber. It will keep you fuller for longer.
  • KarmaxKitty
    KarmaxKitty Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Bump.

It may not be the healthiest, but if you're looking for something sweet, try mango. Or sugar-free jello (loooove it). Popcorn!!! (no butter, low butter, low sodium, i promise it doesn't suck). FRUIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I think combining fruit and protein in a perfect snack. The fruit is healthy but with added protein, it keeps you from having sugar spikes from the fruit alone (which cause hunger). Protein helps keep you full also. Examples, apple and string cheese, greek yogurt and frozen berries, turkey roll ups and dried fruit, hard boiled egg and an orange... stuff like that. I like the taste of the 100 calorie packs, granola bars, and popcorn but iMO they don't help fill me up and are empty calories for me personally.. but everyone is different, you gotta find what works for you! Good luck :)
  • KarmaxKitty
    KarmaxKitty Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Snack. All day long. If you find that you have no time to eat, bring small things and try to keep your body energized.

Also. try packing bento boxes, but as snack versions.

www.justbento.com
  • xorachelrose
    Options
    I am new to dieting...always been fairly thin never over 150 and one day found my self at 180. Trying to get back to 140-150 range but my biggest weakness is snacking. I always find myself hungry between meals. Any suggestions? Snacks or weight loss tips...open too anything!!

I'm in the same boat you are! I recently found my scale higher than I had always remembered it. That and I LOVE to snack. The best suggestion I have for you is to eat every couple of hours. I know it sounds silly, but it has cut my snacking down to almost a bare minimum. I used to always used to be munching on something. Now not so much, so this is what I do.

Breakfast
    Eat within an hour of waking up

Morning snack
    2-3 hours after eating breakfast

Lunch
    2-3 hours after morning snack

Afternoon snack
    2-3 hours after lunch

Dinner
    2 -3 hours after afternoon snack.

Evening snack
    at least 2 hours before you go to bed.

A few things to note:
    1. Many people hate eating breakfast that early within the start of their day, but its totally worth it. I sometimes just have orange juice and a slice of toast with peanut butter because I can't eat that much. its small but it has a lot of protein.
    2. Now normally for my morning snack ill have some kind of fruit (apples, grapes, oranges, etc.)
    3. For my afternoon snack i normally eat a granola bar or cereal bar of some kind.
    4. my evening snack i really enjoy yogurt and mixing it with fruit because i feel like i'm eating dessert. :)

I found it better for me to plan out my snacks and record them on this website so i knew exactly what I was eating and how many calories. Hope that helps you! feel free to add me if you like!