How often do you weigh?

Options
Do you weigh daily, weekly, biweekly or monthly??? I want to weigh weekly but sometimes if I don't hit my goal for the week I get frustrated and kind of rebel against my diet and exercise program so I'm think I might need to weigh biweekly or maybe even monthly so I continue in the right direction. Thanks!!!

Replies

• ronkswife2000
    Options
    Do you weigh daily, weekly, biweekly or monthly??? I want to weigh weekly but sometimes if I don't hit my goal for the week I get frustrated and kind of rebel against my diet and exercise program so I'm think I might need to weigh biweekly or maybe even monthly so I continue in the right direction. Thanks!!!
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I only weigh in once a week on Fridays after a trip to the bathroom and buck-nekkid!!!!:laugh:
  • Justmel
    Justmel Posts: 18
    Options
    I'm so tempted to weigh daily, but I limit it to Tuesday mornings. But my dream is to chuck the scale lol
  • akb2006
    akb2006 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I weigh in Tuesday mornings (same day as they do on biggest loser) once a week.
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I weigh about once a week. If AT ALL! and the reason for this is:
    1) If I weigh more then i think I should day by day i get depressed. Sad people have a tendency to think WTF! Why not eat??!!?? Knowing that I do not want to think that way and thus eat because I am depressed.
    2) I am more apt to measure myself, Or do the jean size test. Knowing that if the jeans that i am in are lose then I have lost weight. If they are tight, i need to lose weight.
  • jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I weigh every Monday and in between bad bad bad thing to do in all actuality Monday is the day that counts! thats when i report it any ways. :indifferent:
  • weasleman42
    Options
    I weigh between working out and eating and I don't usually weigh on my off-days.

141386.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • cascott59
    Options
    I weigh in every day I go to the Gym. Almost daily. I do not so much to see if I gained or lost by a a motivating tool. I find that weighing in just befor I go work out gets me in the mood if I am feeling like slacking off. Iff I have no progress I try to work harder. If I have progress it makes me want to continue and work harder. I only update mfp occationally and use the mirror to judge progress mor than anything else.:tongue:
  • gmzbluhm
    gmzbluhm Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself on Thursday mornings with others at work on the dock scale. We try to support each other on our weight loss journey. :flowerforyou:
  • shuttletat
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning, before I eat, just to make sure I haven't overdone it. That way I can get myself back on track right away. I've only started doing this while I've been losing. When I get back down to a sensible size I'll probably go to once or twice a month.
  • Families_R_Forever
    Options
    I used to do it once a week...but I weighed my self and hid the scale. I am going to weigh in a month from now. I have a short term goal that I hope to accomplish by then. It is kind of exciting not knowing and it keeps me motivated more I think. That is just me though!
  • joonieB
    joonieB Posts: 101
    Options
    Every morning, BABY! I know that my daily weigh-ins are not exactly popular around here, but I figure Hey, why not admit it and get it out in the open. I know I'm not the only one. Although I haven't read it in the few replies above me, I often hear the biggest reason to only weigh yourself once a week or once a month is to "get a more accurate picture" and not obsess about occasional bloating. Just me, but I think that logic is exactly backwards. Weighing every day gives me a much more accurate picture of my highs and lows. I have made a lifestyle change. One or two bad weigh-ins isn't going to cause me to give up and go pig out. I'm in this for the long haul. If the scale starts to tell me things I don't like, then I take action with a few plateau busters.

In the past I would avoid the scale if I knew I wasn't eating right and had gained. Facing the music (uh, 15 lbs gained last year out of the blue--hello new "I am getting old" metabolism) was the best thing for me and in January I stood on the scale and took a good look in the mirror and decided to not kid myself any longer.

Just my two cents :wink:
  • weeble2008
    weeble2008 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I get on the scale every day! Every morning I get out of bed, go potty, strip down and get on the scale. I know this is not supposed to be a good thing, but it really works for me. If I'm down, it gets me motivated to keep going and watch what I'm eating! If I'm up, it motivates me to work harder and do my best!
  • helstar
    helstar Posts: 6
    Options
    i too check the scale everymorning. Mainly to make me work harder if the weight is up. no i know that the weight can vary 1 to 4 pounds everyday.
  • greysweatshirt
    Options
    I have been weighing in twice a week lately..Tuesday and Friday mornings.
  • mmackie
    mmackie Posts: 93
    Options
    I actually weigh twice a day. Once in the morning right when I get up, and then when I get home from the gym, and even sometimes before I go to bed. I am kind of obsessed with the scale, but I don't care. It keeps me on track so that I know if I'm holding on to water or something, then I can change what I'm doing to fix that. Its kind of discouraging that I don't see big numbers, but as long as I don't gain, then I'm ok with what it says. The scale can definitely vary though...sometimes I am 4 lbs lighter the next day. Just do what works for you-don't limit it because other people think you should...Do what you want. :bigsmile:
  • nytoaz
    nytoaz Posts: 143
    Options
    I weigh myself twice a day; first thing in the morning and right before bed. In my case, it helps keep me on track. :happy:
  • ronkswife2000
    Options
    I used to do it once a week...but I weighed my self and hid the scale. I am going to weigh in a month from now. I have a short term goal that I hope to accomplish by then. It is kind of exciting not knowing and it keeps me motivated more I think. That is just me though!

I feel the same way as far as it being exciting not knowing, it always makes me a little more edgy to lose that extra pound...
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    I am a serious scale junkie so I weigh myself alot however I only log my weight on Sundays
  • MisoSoup79
    MisoSoup79 Posts: 517
    Options
    I weigh daily only in the mornings. I don't obsess over it, though... I just do it to keep track. If I get the same result three days in a row, that's when I update my progress. Thankfully, I've not had to update it the wrong way. If I weigh heavy one morning, I watch my sodium and water intake all day and usually by the next day, I'm back to normal. I don't care that much what it says as long as I feel good and my clothes don't start to feel tighter. I skip weighing during my TOM - why get bent out of shape over water weight that I can't prevent?