Gettin' it Done- week 3 (closed)

Options
Here it is. Let's hear from you ladies!

Replies

• 2myfuture
    2myfuture Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Well its a great weekend!! My husband is adopting my three kids from previous marriage!! We found out that the final ceramony at the court house will be Oct 27!!! I am so excited... it seems like it has taken forever to get it done, it really has not been bad just should have been years ago!!!
    Corrie I am going to school to get my associates degree in juvenile justice!! I am hoping to be done after this school year. Hoping!!! There is alot of homework though.
    Well my goal this week is to step it up and get 10 more min of exercise a day. Have a great weekend all!!!
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    StrengthIDidntKnow Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Great news Laura, congrats to you and your family.

I just dropped my daughter off for her first slumber party and my husband is at a football game, I almost don't know what to do with myself.
  • LimeyTart
    LimeyTart Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Laura, that is wonderful news!!

I'm having a barbecue at my house tomorrow afternoon and once that's over, I'm FINALLY finished with this insane week. Then Monday I'll be back to the grind, working my butt off.
  • ljedmom
    ljedmom Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Laura, congratulations to your family! That is super exciting! I don't know how old your kids are, but my husband and I were in school until our oldest was 5 and our 3rd was the new baby. It's not easy...you have a lot on your plate and I'm really impressed at how great you are doing staying focused on so many different goals at once!

Eskimoes for date night blew my calories yesterday, but it was worth it :) Dr appts all day Monday with the kids out of school, so I'll be starting C25K again Tuesday. This is my 3rd attempt...I wimp out with the stroller and the hills, but I can do this. I will not quit!
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    Options
    Kelly - good luck with C25K! It took 4 attempts for me to get to week 7 (Tues is W7D1)

No yoga today. I was up at 6:30, spent the day raising money for breast cancer with the NFL and now I am ready for bed.
  • 2myfuture
    Options
    Thank you everyone! We are very excited. We ordered rings for everyone with their names on them so the whole family has matching rings symbolizing when we all become one! (legally) We have been one for a long time this just means that the court agrees! The kids are all excited for us all to have the same last name so this will be great.
    I think this weeks weigh in will be good. I have been working really hard on my workouts. Its funny because my kids think the sweat is go grose but to me is means im working my butt off!! I am proud of my sweat!!
    Kelly this will be the time that the C25K works for you! Keep up the great work! My kids have Friday off this week and it will be a busy one for me too!
    LynnMPip what did you do with your free time? Hope you enjoyed it. I bet it was quiet!
    Good night all!
  • LimeyTart
    LimeyTart Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    How is everyone doing?
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    Options
    Sadly - I did laundry with my free time. But went out with the husband once he got home.

My weigh in was disappointing this week, up 3.5 lbs. I think it was a combination of high salt, not drinking water like I should and I ate really poorly this weekend.

I did my yoga tonight. It really helped having to be accountable here. I thought about skipping but didn't want to come back here tonight and admit I didn't do it.
  • 2myfuture
    Options
    Had a great day. My weight loss this last week was great! I am actually down 10 lbs since I started 4 weeks ago!! I have been stronger this time then I have ever been. Seing the results helps alot and makes me want to stick with it even more.

LynnMPip things will get better just stick to your guns. How is everyone else doing?
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    Options
    Had a great day. My weight loss this last week was great! I am actually down 10 lbs since I started 4 weeks ago!! I have been stronger this time then I have ever been. Seing the results helps alot and makes me want to stick with it even more.

LynnMPip things will get better just stick to your guns. How is everyone else doing?

Congrats on your loss!
    Thanks - it was disappointing to see. I went down 1% body fat so that made me feel a little better.

I am leaving Thurs to visit my sister in Mississippi for a long weekend. I am so excited to go.

I am bringing my yoga video with me - I did another work out today.
  • ljedmom
    ljedmom Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    C25K W1D1 was today. The run was good, pretty easy actually. I think I'll go ahead and do it every day and just go easier on the days that are supposed to be off if I feel like I need to. Also, even with skipping workouts (so no extra calories) earlier this week, I managed to stay under my alotted calories. It's getting easier to know what I need to eat and when so that I don't get too hungry or have too many calories. It's exciting!
  • michelletr
    michelletr Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    i'm here,lol.....had a great weekend at my dad's. didn't eat too much :)
    heading back to the gym for the first time in a long time tomorrow morning...kinda looking forward to it. but i am going to mexico in march for a friend of a friend's wedding and i want to look good so i have to get serious about losing the weight. i saw some pictures of the resort me and my friend will be staying at and it looks so beautiful....kinda a little disappointed that the hubby won't be going with me...especially since our wedding anniversary is in march and we got married in mexico,lol. no quote today folks....promise to have one tomorrow :)
  • 2myfuture
    Options
    Well this is a super busy week. My son had a field trip, may youngest daughter has a jog-a-thon that I volunteered for and my older daughters have 2 soccer practices and 2 games. My husband is working 12 hour shifts so it is all me..... but still feeling great, even though it is that TOM. Sooo how is everone else doing? Hope everyone is having a great week.
    Michelletr sounds like a really good goal for you! And a great reward!!
  • road2happiness
    Options
    Oh yay! Everyone is doing so great!

We finally got back in town after a one day delay due to a tire blowout in the middle of no where and associated damage. Such a bummer way to end the trip.

I will get back on before bed. I am glad to be back!
  • road2happiness
    Options
    Kelly- Great job on the C25K start! How was today?
    Michelle- Glad to hear you had a great weekend:) What part of Mexico will you be going to?
    Laura- It sounds like you will have one busy week! Will you even have time to eat? ;)
    Lynn- Have a great time visiting your sister! Enjoy the yoga.
    Ruth- How are you doing? Any fun plans for the weekend?

Group goal for this week, let's commit to write everything that enters our mouth down. None of those unaccounted for BLT's (bites, licks, and tastes)!

My personal goal will be with water. 72 ounces per day minimum! I have to flush out the Disneyland junk food:)

I will post a new week 4 link and send it to each of you. Have a great night!

Corrie