Need some help

Options
I gained back the little I lost last week back this week. It was really hard to work out today, I just wanted to cry.
My motivation is shaky right now... it just blows when I've worked hard for two weeks and I gained weight back instead of losing this week :(

Replies

• nanegan
    nanegan Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    STOP feeling that way RIGHT now, young lady. You are doing great. There will be those weeks - mine was last week and my hubby practically had to shove me out the door to do my run on Saturday. WE will get through this. Chin up. My sister, versuga is her MFP name, is fighting the same thing today.:flowerforyou:
  • versuga
    versuga Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I absolutely know how you feel! Today was an extremely rough day for me! I gained 2lbs!!!
  • smassengill63
    smassengill63 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Don't just look at the scale. Weight can fluctuate with things like your cycle and bowel movements. pay attention also to things like how your clothes are fitting and body measurements. Also, the level of glycogen stores can fluctuate your weight by a few pounds. If you have a solid plan that includes lots of salad and veggies, enough lean meats and very little sugar/carbohydrate your body has no choice but to burn fat and you will be getting leaner. Hang in there and don't overdo the working out while trying to lose weight, it can increase cortisol levels and work against your fat burning efforts.
  • dolphin21
    dolphin21 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    We all have bad days, but we got to keep going to reach our goals!!!!! So lighting up it will be ok, just think tomorrow is an other day!! Good Luck on your journey:smile::smile:
  • smassengill63
    smassengill63 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Do you know that you would have to eat somewhere around 7000 calories in addition to your basal metabolic rate to gain those 2 pounds in fat? it's very likely related to some water weight. hang in there and look at the longer term results. Good luck