Ripped in 30 Challenge Starting October 17th!!!

Options

Replies

• shauna121211
    shauna121211 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Great! That's 12 people so far, looking forward to it!
  • sherip22
    sherip22 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Now if I understand it correctly you don't want there to be any days off?

Rest days are crucial in exercise so I hope that's not what you meant. I may be interested in joining this challenge though.

The idea behind Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred and Ripped in 30 DVD's is to complete the 30 day workout without any breaks, so yes that is what I meant - no days off. I completed the 30 Day Shred with no breaks already and I had great results. It's only a 20 minute workout so I personally think it's quite alright to do this for 30 days straight. If you disagree, you are more than able to take a day off once a week, but I wouldn't suggest more than that. It's your body and it's up to you what you want to do with it! :)

As for the ladies that would like to start it late, that's perfectly fine! You can weigh in the day you start and once you feel you're ready to move on to the next level! :) Also be sure to measure the first day and when you move on to level 3! :)

In the beginning of the Ripped in 30 DVD Jillian says to take 1 day off per week, that your body needs that day of rest. I am still doing the 30 day shred right now, but will be starting Ripped as soon as I'm done.
  • shauna121211
    Options
    Alright guys, A good point was made and I've adjusted the schedule to include 30 days of workout plus one rest day a week! I will most likely be taking this rest day on Sundays.

So... Level 1 will start Oct 17 and finish Oct 25, skipping the 23rd
    Level 2 will start Oct 26 and finish Nov 3, skipping the 30th
    Level 3 will start Nov 4 and finish Nov 11, skipping the 6th
    and Level 4 will start Nov 12 and finish Nov 19, skipping the 13th

Sound good to everyone?! :)
  • hecallsmeroses
    Options
    I'm okay with it, just think:

Thanksgiving will only be about a week away and by that time we will know if we can eat a little or alot :) just kidding, I know I will need to take a rest day now and then.
  • tribalib
    Options
    I'm in on this! Last time i attempted the 30DS, level one kicked my *kitten* pretty hardcore so I think I'll just start with level one and when it's not making me want to give up and crawl into the fetal position I'll move it up to level 2. Haha.

I'm aiming for 5 days of 30DS a week... 6 or 7 if I'm feeling particularly inspired and not too achy.

I'll message you my stats by the 16th!

(if I can get my hands on Ripped in 30 before the challenge starts, I'll swap to that)
  • Dancergrrl87
    Options
    I'm in! I just started this week but I'd love to do a challenge!
  • shauna121211
    Options
    Awesome! I've got all of you guys in! Hope you're really up for it - No quitting! I've got room for 4 more on the spreadsheet! :)
  • Holdra76
    Holdra76 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I would love to try this! Not familiar with her workout videos but would love the challenge. Are these videos hard to find? I am in Alberta, so would Walmart have it? If not, I can order it online and hope it comes before Monday!
  • John020667
    Options
    I don't have the DVD being trying to find it in Australia. If i can find i will definately be in.
  • shauna121211
    Options
    I'm almost positive they are available on iTunes. You could also find them other places to download, Amazon, I think Walmart would have them...
  • shauna121211
    Options
    Have you all gotten your hands on Ripped in 30! We're starting in 5 days!!! :)
  • happy_travels
    happy_travels Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I am totally down for this. I have been experimenting with RI30 for the last couple weeks, mixed with Making the Cut. I will be all over this come Monday!
  • kelley_m
    kelley_m Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I am in...
    The workout is only 20 mins...so I should be able to add it to my current routine...
    Please add me...will get the dvds tonight...
    If I have been very active...could I skip the 30 day shred or is it advisable to start with 30SD and then move to 30R
  • sboo
    sboo Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I would like to be in. (:
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    I think I might do this. I have to get ripped in 30 but it sounds like a good plan. October 17th is a perfect starting date!
  • shauna121211
    Options
    Alright guys, that's our maximum unless some people drop out! :)
  • shauna121211
    Options
    Okay, I've added everyone to the spreadsheet and have sent everyone friend requests. Please accept as I will post reminders etc every so often and be sure to follow this post! Measurements and Weight should be sent to me on Monday.

Also, if you are not committed to doing this, please drop out now because I don't want to be chasing someone that isn't doing it. But I hope everyone is in and ready to get RIPPED! WOO!
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    I think your energy is just what I need! Thanks for putting this together. :flowerforyou:
  • shauna121211
    Options
    Hi! We've had a few people who can't get their hands on the video or can't do it for other reasons, so there are a few more spaces open if anyone else is interested! It's the perfect thing to do right before Thanksgiving! :wink:
  • kelley_m
    kelley_m Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Am so excited...going to get the dvds tomorrow...
    I am going away for a week but I am going to take the workout with me...
    I will send my measurements on Sat...hope that's ok.