Amazed I'm not fatter

Options
So, I have some friends coming in from out of town so I have decided to take them around the corner to a tavern with the best burgers and fries around. In preparation, I logged a comparable cheeseburger, fries and three pints - and it is my entire day's calorie goal!

I haven't gone out for burgers and beer since I started MFP, but I used to do it all the time. Then I think to all the dollars I put in the vending machine - usually for a 400-calories pack of butterscotch krimpets of a large bag of Doritos. The danishes I used to get every couple days. The three bowls of cereal a night plus dinner. The deep fryer I actually own!

I am amazed it took me 14 whole years to get up to gain the extra 50 lbs I've put on since high school.

Replies

• alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel, I've had a number of the same realizations. It's amazing to me now as I look back just how bad I used to eat. The only thing more amazing is that I didn't pack on more pounds than I did.
  • cdstadt
    cdstadt Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I used to eat two packs of ramen for dinner sometimes. Even added peas and other stuff to it. That kills me!
  • ChubbieTubbie
    ChubbieTubbie Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I agree! There was a point in time where I could eat an entire medium pizza. With like two sodas. In one sitting. Now I eat only a third of that, if I'm really hungry. I don't know how I wasn't fatter too.
  • penelofur
    penelofur Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I agree! There was a point in time where I could eat an entire medium pizza. With like two sodas. In one sitting. Now I eat only a third of that, if I'm really hungry. I don't know how I wasn't fatter too.

I ate a whole four cheese Papa Johns medium pizza once too! Our stomachs are shrinking!!! :bigsmile: