New moms out there...join us!

Options
2»

Replies

• carolina_r
    carolina_r Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Gotta keep adding to this to put this thread back on the first page :) Welcome to all those moms who have joined us so far - let's see who else will join by Monday!
  • carolina_r
    Options
    We're still looking!
  • Caz2678
    Caz2678 Posts: 49
    Options
    I'm in!

I have a 5 month old boy! Gained A LOT of weight in pregnancy,

I'd love some support from other mums as i find it hard trying to eat right, exercise and look after my demanding baby :)
  • mgblood
    Options
    I'd love to join! I have a 10 month old baby girl... and a few extra pounds too!
  • carolina_r
    Options
    Welcome!!:happy:
  • SaraSatin
    SaraSatin Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm in! My girls are 3 yrs, and two almost 6 month olds. I'm where I was PP for the first but not for the twins, I lost some weight in between.
  • carolina_r
    Options
    Welcome!!!!
  • chrissypops
    chrissypops Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Can I join please? I have 3 children, 13, 11 ye old daughters and 17 1/2 mth old son. Started using MFP back in may/june time and have lost 30lb so far but would like to lose another 10/14 lb all depending how I feel once i really my nxt goal!

Chrissy x
  • carolina_r
    Options
    Definitely!! Just add the tagline to your signature, and you are IN :)
  • franciscoj1
    Options
    I'm almost back to my pre pregnancy weight, with a 5 month old boy. I'd love to join!
  • chrissypops
    chrissypops Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    So hows everyones week going? what exercising you doing? Im just starting the level 2 of the 30 day shred and can already see the change. I try and fit in an hr of zumba on the wii a few times a week xx
  • pmur
    pmur Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join! I have an almost 10 month old and have not lost a gram so far.

Btw, I'll add the siggy as soon as I find out how to. I'm going to go with "9 months" although my baby was 2.5 months premature.
  • CindyC72
    CindyC72 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I want to join! I have a 2 year old and an 11 year old. My weight is from my first pregnancy. I lost all the weight I gained with my second and then some. :happy: Now to get off this last bit of flab.
  • carolina_r
    Options
    Ladies - we now have 24 members!! (and growing....)

This week's post can be found by following the link below:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/365051-post-partum-pack-october-11?page=1#posts-4956807

See you there!
    carolina
  • britesideoflife
    britesideoflife Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I am in! I have been lurking on this board since starting MFP a week ago. I have a 2.5 year old and a 10 week old. I never really lost all the baby weight after having my first so am desperate to get back to my pre-kids weight! I also miss wearing all of my normal clothes, it is getting embarrassing still wearing my maternity clothes. :wink:
  • bluestarlight19
    bluestarlight19 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I would also like to join this group. Working mom of a 4 month old girl :) I am planning on getting pregnant again in march or april of next year but want to me more fit when that happens.
  • carolina_r
    Options
    Welcome! Just add the tagline to your signature, and you are in! There is a link (a few posts up) to this week's thread.
  • Caz2678
    Caz2678 Posts: 49
    Options
    Hey ladies :)

I would love some tips as to how you all manage to make time to eat well, exercise and look after your babies too!

I am really struggling trying to do everything! I do try to get out for a walk every other day but it means i need to leave one of the chores til i get back and then i am extra busy afterwards!

Also after a tough night and a few hours sleep i can't seem to find the motivation to do my 30DS or even get on the treadmill...HELP!

How do you do it?

Caz xx
  • carolina_r
    Options
    Looking for the next thread? Follow this link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/365051-post-partum-pack-october-11

to find the discussion for the week of October 11!

Caz2678 - I wish I had answers for you...I am currently on mat leave, so the challenge is not yet as great. I do struggle to get household chores done, or to prepare dinners, etc. with a very social and high needs baby around :)

For exercise - I take baby for walks in the stroller (often to run errands - I get bored just walking for the sake of it) but I make it more worthwhile by taking the longest route there (i.e. rather than just walking 5 minutes to the local walmart, I do a large loop around the neighbourhood to make it a 20 or 30 minute walk. I still get stuff done, but it works in some activity. I also try to incorporate the little guy into my weight training - i.e. squats and lunges while holding him, push-ups with him on the floor under me (he thinks it is a game!), and dumbell work while he watches (I am often singing or making faces to keep him interested :)

For food - I have found a few meals that work for breakfast and lunches, and I just repeat them! Makes it easier to track, easier to shop, easier to prepare. I've also been using the slow cooker to prepare larger meals so that we have dinner made for a few nights in a row.

For household chores - I have hired two teenagers (a brother and sister combo). One of them comes over on the weekend for a couple of hours and plays with the baby, so that my husband and I can do a thorough cleaning of the house. We've only had the girl over once so far, but it was FANTASTIC - worth every penny (I couldn't hire a cleaner for that price :)

Join us on the next thread - your topic here is right in step with what we are discussing, and a number of other members are back at work and will have great suggestions for you!